[SOLVED] my headset volume to low(CLOUD ALPHA S)

ataedo

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
i just got my new headset cloud alpha S and the volume is so low it makes me cry(compared to my former hyperx cloud 2) ... i just don't get it ... i had to have my cloud 2's at 60 volume because they were to loud ... and yet i have the alpha s to 100 and can't hear 1/3 as good as with the cloud 2 ... p.s. the cables are attached properly just in case that your solution ... please help ?

Solution
So your headphones are plugged into a little box that is plugged into the computer by a usb. That usb box is taking the 1’s and 0’s from your computer (digital data) and putting it through a couple of small chips that are designed to take those 1’s and 0’s and turn them into something that you can understand(analog signals aka music or voices things like that) that is what a dac is,(digital to analog converter) there is also a little chip in there that takes those analog signals and makes them louder(a amp chip) if that amp chip isn’t very powerful your not gonna be able to make the sound very loud. When I say you perhaps need a better dac you can find them on amazon, and they will have a better amp in them to make your headphones...

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Was the Old one plugged in via usb and the new one plugged into the motherboard? Motherboard audio is not amped very well I’ve had the same
Issue with my headphones

ataedo

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Was the Old one plugged in via usb and the new one plugged into the motherboard? Motherboard audio is not amped very well I’ve had the same
Issue with my headphones
Im sorry i dont understand the difference ? ... i plugged both in via the usb ... but if im not understanding something correctly please point out a possible solution how i can fix this problem and thank you in advance 😁

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
Ah ok well your new headphones may take more power to drive than your old headphones, are you using the same usb adaptor to drive your new headphones as the old ones? The only things I can think of is either you don’t have the usb adaptor or if there is a dial on the headphones all the way up, or possibly that’s just how the headphones are, the only solution to that would be to either get a better usb dac or a different headset

Last edited:

ataedo

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Ah ok well your new headphones may take more power to drive than your old headphones, are you using the same usb adaptor to drive your new headphones as the old ones? The only things I can think of is either you don’t have the usb adaptor or if there is a dial on the headphones all the way up, or possibly that’s just how the headphones are, the only solution to that would be to either get a better usb dac or a different headset
I dont get it ... im a tech noob to be honest so usb dac and things like that make no sense to me ... i need an oversimplified version ... your simple solution is just to go back to the cloud 2's

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
So your headphones are plugged into a little box that is plugged into the computer by a usb. That usb box is taking the 1’s and 0’s from your computer (digital data) and putting it through a couple of small chips that are designed to take those 1’s and 0’s and turn them into something that you can understand(analog signals aka music or voices things like that) that is what a dac is,(digital to analog converter) there is also a little chip in there that takes those analog signals and makes them louder(a amp chip) if that amp chip isn’t very powerful your not gonna be able to make the sound very loud. When I say you perhaps need a better dac you can find them on amazon, and they will have a better amp in them to make your headphones louder. You just type in usb dac and there will be a whole bunch of them. I’d recommend a fiio usb dac or a soundblaster usb dac they will amp the sound better but they won’t be the cheapest option. The cheapest thing to do would be to use your old headphones or see if you can plug your new headphones into your old headphones usb device maybe that might make it louder it’s worth a shot.

Solution

ataedo

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
So your headphones are plugged into a little box that is plugged into the computer by a usb. That usb box is taking the 1’s and 0’s from your computer (digital data) and putting it through a couple of small chips that are designed to take those 1’s and 0’s and turn them into something that you can understand(analog signals aka music or voices things like that) that is what a dac is,(digital to analog converter) there is also a little chip in there that takes those analog signals and makes them louder(a amp chip) if that amp chip isn’t very powerful your not gonna be able to make the sound very loud. When I say you perhaps need a better dac you can find them on amazon, and they will have a better amp in them to make your headphones louder. You just type in usb dac and there will be a whole bunch of them. I’d recommend a fiio usb dac or a soundblaster usb dac they will amp the sound better but they won’t be the cheapest option. The cheapest thing to do would be to use your old headphones or see if you can plug your new headphones into your old headphones usb device maybe that might make it louder it’s worth a shot.
Thank you for that explanation ... guess im better off using my old ones ... sad times indeed ☹