[SOLVED] My headset's microphone is only partly working ?

Feb 28, 2021
So I have Razer's Kraken Lite headset and it comes with a microphone, and me and my brother share it. The microphone was working until today when it stopped picking up sound from the microphone and it started picking up the desktop sounds, so when i'd say something you couldn't hear anything but if I was to play something you could hear the music through the microphone input. I also caught my brother chewing the wire a bit, so I don't really know if it could be hardware issue or driver issue... Help please because I don't have any money left and this is something essential

Solution
There could be a break and/or bare wires touching each other inside the headset cable where it's been chewed.
I don't know if that kind of damage is repairable since the wires are very fine and small in diameter.
Please wait for more replies, others may have good suggestions.
There could be a break and/or bare wires touching each other inside the headset cable where it's been chewed.
I don't know if that kind of damage is repairable since the wires are very fine and small in diameter.
Please wait for more replies, others may have good suggestions.

Solution