[SOLVED] My home went black out everytime switch on PSU

gilang0821

Commendable
Mar 22, 2019
so my days went normal suddenly there's a power outage in my home, later people from the electric company came after checking every time I plug in the PSU cable my home goes blackout my home breaker went off and sometimes my PSU switch stuck at on button I do not yet press my PC power button just plug in the PSU cable. but my brother PC switch on just fine both have 500watt PSU mine slightly larger 520Watt Seasonic so what exactly happens because this is the first time this happen I hope if is broken is just my PSU not my other part.

Solution
so my days went normal suddenly there's a power outage in my home, later people from the electric company came after checking every time I plug in the PSU cable my home goes blackout my home breaker went off and sometimes my PSU switch stuck at on button I do not yet press my PC power button just plug in the PSU cable. but my brother PC switch on just fine both have 500watt PSU mine slightly larger 520Watt Seasonic so what exactly happens because this is the first time this happen I hope if is broken is just my PSU not my other part.

Old PSU. Replace it.

Inrush current limiter not working. Power switch broken. I'm not sure why you're even asking.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to relocate your system to another wall outlet and see if the issue persists. Where are you located? Seasonic is the brand of the PSU while 520W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of the unit and how old is the PSU? As for the system it's powering, mind sharing the specs to the entire build?

gilang0821

Commendable
Mar 22, 2019
You might want to relocate your system to another wall outlet and see if the issue persists. Where are you located? Seasonic is the brand of the PSU while 520W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of the unit and how old is the PSU? As for the system it's powering, mind sharing the specs to the entire build?
I have already relocated to another power outlet the problem is still there
PSU is like 4 years now, the box said is 480 Watt max output
my system is:
i56500
gtx 1060 6GB
mobo Asrock b150m Pro4
16Gb ram 4x4
256ssd
1TB of HDD

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If the power/circuit in your entire home is tripping upon plugging in this PC/PSU, first thing STOP doing so. It would be indicative of a dead short and the breaker is doing its job.
This is a serious fire and electrocution hazard, such as the case that the circuit didn't trip.

It might be worthwhile to consider taking this to a local repair and explaining your problem. You could try another PSU, but I would disassemble and carefully check the entire system for damage, signs of shorting, burning, and so on.

In a situation like this it should only be tripping the circuit breaker the for the outlet/line it's on. Tripping the whole panel is indicative of something more ongoing.

Are you in the US?

I would suspect that if it's throwing the entire main, that the house itself is exceeding the draw that main can handle. It would suggest that the home is already near the limit of power draw, and this damaged PSU is surpassing that level. Might consider taking tally of what is running and plugged in within the property.

gilang0821

Commendable
Mar 22, 2019
If the power/circuit in your entire home is tripping upon plugging in this PC/PSU, first thing STOP doing so. It would be indicative of a dead short and the breaker is doing its job.
This is a serious fire and electrocution hazard, such as the case that the circuit didn't trip.

It might be worthwhile to consider taking this to a local repair and explaining your problem. You could try another PSU, but I would disassemble and carefully check the entire system for damage, signs of shorting, burning, and so on.

In a situation like this it should only be tripping the circuit breaker the for the outlet/line it's on. Tripping the whole panel is indicative of something more ongoing.

Are you in the US?

I would suspect that if it's throwing the entire main, that the house itself is exceeding the draw that main can handle. It would suggest that the home is already near the limit of power draw, and this damaged PSU is surpassing that level. Might consider taking tally of what is running and plugged in within the property.

so there possibility my other hardware is dead?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
so there possibility my other hardware is dead?

Any time that you have a PSU fail, it can cause other components to be damaged. This is among the reasons that so many posters here are outspoken about purchasing high quality units up front. (not to say yours was or was not)

The reason I mention it would be that you could purchase a new PSU and damage it and/or cause more damage to components if you aren't certain there is no further obvious damage to the hardware you are connecting it to.

Old PSU. Replace it.

Inrush current limiter not working. Power switch broken. I'm not sure why you're even asking.

Solution