my hp envy laptop has 2 hard drives one is nearly full the SSD 250G the other is empty HDD 1T how do i manage the storage. Can

Keith_30

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
2 hard drive laptop file distribution. My hp envy laptop has 2 hard drives one is nearly full the SSD 250G the other is empty HDD 1T how do i manage the storage. Can i put pictures or programs on the other drive.

Solution
Welcome to the forum, Keith!

I'd advise you to backup your data from the SSD somewhere off-site and follow a Windows Install & Optimization Guide for your SSD & HDD.
You should also be able to easily change the default save location to your secondary drive. Here are a couple of tutorials from the community that could shed some light on the procedure:
Windows 7 & 8
Windows 8.1 & 10

Hope these help. Keep us posted if you have more questions! :)
SuperSoph_WD

corb345

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016
You can uninstall programs then reinstall them on the 1TB when it gives you the option to where you want to install them. But you can't just move them to the 1TB. Pictures you could just move to the 1TB.

Welcome to the forum, Keith!

I'd advise you to backup your data from the SSD somewhere off-site and follow a Windows Install & Optimization Guide for your SSD & HDD.
You should also be able to easily change the default save location to your secondary drive. Here are a couple of tutorials from the community that could shed some light on the procedure:
Windows 7 & 8
Windows 8.1 & 10

Hope these help. Keep us posted if you have more questions! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution