Question My hp laptop doesn't boot, gets stuck on hp logo invent screen

Jul 22, 2019
My laptop is a hp pavillion dv6 and it has just refused to boot. Each time I turn it on, it loads the hp logo screen and gets stuck there for days. I've entered bios utitlity but I noticed something queer, the bios utility screen freezes after seconds. I've checked my ram sticks on another laptop, checked my hard drive, everything okay. I've tried hard reset, removed my CMOS battery. I've tried startup test it gets stuck at several points. All signs point to bios, but what do I do next.

Lutfij

Titan
Take note of the BIOS revision that your laptop is currently on. Cross reference H{'s support page to see if you have any updates pending. You might also want to remove the battery, remove the sticks of ram(which we're going to need to know the specs of) and then with the laptop disconnected from the wall, press and hold down on the power button for 30 seconds.

See if that changes your experience.

Jul 22, 2019
Take note of the BIOS revision that your laptop is currently on. Cross reference H{'s support page to see if you have any updates pending. You might also want to remove the battery, remove the sticks of ram(which we're going to need to know the specs of) and then with the laptop disconnected from the wall, press and hold down on the power button for 30 seconds.

See if that changes your experience.

I've changed the ram sticks, and battery too. I saw a bios update on hp site, I'm trying to update now. will get back with results

Jul 22, 2019
I downloaded a bios update from hp website specifically for my laptop. But I just cant enter the id or bios version of the laptop. Nothing I type gets shown in the id or bios version text areas.
O1LsTV2.png

can someone please help me.