My hp m8400f psu needs replacing

northernlala

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
A few crashes and now a burning electrical smell has finally told me that my psu on my HP m8400f needs replacing. I live in the middle of nowhere, so need to order it. Point me to what I need? :)

scottiemedic

Distinguished
I originally looked up the 430 on newegg but it doesn't list 4 pin ATX, only EPS. Thus the 500W recommendation. It's unfortunately more expensive but has the right plug. I double checked on Corsairs site and the 430 doesn't have 4pin.

northernlala

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
And now I can't seem to hook the old one back up properly to print a return label. Can someone point me in the direction of a diagram or something?? Am I missing something here. I was told the 430 would fit but it doesn't

northernlala

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Crap! I got an 'Error, system has failed' I want to cry. Did I just kill my computer??
I split the plug. Figured i was ok then, but i'm fuzzy on how many connections the old one was using. Can someone point me in the direction of a diagram to show me what I have to plug in, because I was stupid and didn't write down what connects to where and I'm not a big computer person who is friendly with their motherboard. Ie- how many coonection am I using and where.
Blarg!

northernlala

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
The connector doesn't seem to be in the same place you're talking about. I put a pic on my Flickr account with an arrow pointing to where I'm talking about.
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/northernlala/7036403615/

northernlala

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

The 1st one-done
2nd- video card - I have one - where do I connect?
3rd- there are about 4 connections that look the same- does it matter which one?
4th-not sure what you mean
5th- like #3, there are a few that look like that. Does it matter which one?
And again, I really appreciate this help. I need my computer back!

TRENDING THREADS