my hp pavilion g6t-2000 cto came with windows 7 then I installed windows 8 and then upgraded to 8.1 and my computer acted fun

confused1977

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
my hp pavilion g6t-2000 cto came with windows 7 then I installed windows 8 and then upgraded to 8.1 and my computer acted funny, So I downloaded the windows ISO to another computer and saved it to a flash drive. Now I have the Iso but unable to do anything else. Can I go back to windows 7 and then to windows 8?

jnewegger23

Distinguished
When you upgraded to windows 8.1 you have to realize that any refresh or reinstall of that will revert to windows 8.0. Just keep that in mind. You can reinstall whatever OS you choose as long as you have the key code to properly activate, so in your case you can go back to either 7 or 8.0 if you so choose.

confused1977

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
it won't let me go back to 8 or 7, for me to go back to 8 which I have installed the ISO for it asks for drivers and that is where it is stuck because every driver I try to use from HP website my computer says it's out of date and I should find the updated driver? But how do I do this. I like 8 but if I have to I will go back to 7 if my computer would allow it.

confused1977

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
I get a blue screen that asks if I want to intall 8 but when it gets to the drives and I try to take hp drives off my flash drive they say they are outdated and I should get the updated drives but these are the only drives hp has for my computer.

jnewegger23

Distinguished
Try a factory refresh by tapping the F11 key as soon as you power on the laptop. Here's a reference link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01867418&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Sometimes you can do a factory reset/refresh without a disk. If you cannot, you can sometimes create one (use another computer) and research how to do that. I've had a long weekend and don't have time to find a link for that for you right now. Good luck!

Solution