my hp pavilion keeps dropping connection every few minutes! so many different factors! idk enough on my own. please help!?

nickgoonie

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
So I've had my first pc, (HP Pavilion Slimline 400), for almost a year now and as soon as I started to have GeekSquad give me a tune-up, it started not being as fast to load anything.... My connection drops pretty regularly while my other devices stay connected.... before I bought a router, I had the cable go directly from wall to modem to pc.... Never had an issue that I'm aware of (didn't know I would need to pay attention to) didn't take long to get a Lynksys E2500 router.... So router has internet access but then underneath says unidentified network no internet access..... Been trying to find answers on my own to diagnose and solve myself but there seem to be so many factors and most is still a little techy for me. Some say it can be faulty wireing in house. Woah! New house. Moms house. She doesn't like cable guy or ANY stranger to know where she lives, let alone, actually let them inside! Please! What do I do? Where do I start?

Solution
The slow loading you mention, is that in general, or are you just talking about webpages?
Did that also occur when you had the direct cable connection?
Are other devices able to connect to your wireless network, without any problems?
The router you have is dual band, what wireless network card is installed in your computer?

Malygris1

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015
The slow loading you mention, is that in general, or are you just talking about webpages?
Did that also occur when you had the direct cable connection?
Are other devices able to connect to your wireless network, without any problems?
The router you have is dual band, what wireless network card is installed in your computer?

Solution