My HTPC still wont post! What is wrong???

pratik97

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2003
Guys i need your help. This da*n Intel system with teh Chyang Fun case from Newegg (for my HTPC) is really driving me nuts. When I first got my machine it would not post. I thought it was the processor so I RMA'ed it back to Newegg. I got the new processor and its doing the same thing! I've checked all my jumpers and they all seem to be okay. Maybe they are not? Again, when I put the machine together with just the processor and memory it still did not post (which it should just with those two things). I then put in all the rest of my components (DVD drive, Happauge PVR, ATI Radeon, 120 gig) I'm using Kingston PC2100 RAM and I've put in Centon RAM in it too and get the same thing. Also, my DVD drive wont even open either when I boot it up. I thought it may be a power supply issue but hooking up another one I get the same result.

Can anyone have any suggestions??? I'm completely clueless on this one. Does anyone with the same machine I have can tell me what problems they encountered as well as any jumper settings. I know I have the CMOS jumper correctly (the one by the battery).

What other problems are possible? Also with all the components on why would it not post with just the processor and the memory? I should get the Bios right?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's probabably a shorted board. Could be a reversed IDE cable. Or even a disconnected power button, or ATX12v connection.

Read the first post in the Motherboard's forum.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>