[SOLVED] My HyperX Stinger's mic stopped working on my laptop

flaminggamer659

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018
I bought the HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset and the included mic worked just fine until about a week ago. I noticed on Discord that when I tapped my headset mic, nothing would come through but when I tap my laptop mic, the sound receiver goes green, which means it can detect sound. Is there some way I can enable sound detection from my headset mic again or create a device for it in the device manager? Please help.
Thanks

Solution
You need to make the headset the default audio device in discord settings for mic and sound.
Need to do the same thing in windows sound settings for other programs that don't let you pick and choose.

Capture.png

Capture.png

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your laptop? Are you using a splitter to gain access to the mic and headset? If the laptop has two individual ports for a headset, you're going to need the splitter. On another note, make sure your laptop's BIOS is up to date and that you've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers for your laptop.

flaminggamer659

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018

My laptop is the Acer Aspire ES1523, and I'm using the 3.5mm cable without the splitter. My laptop only has 1 3.5mm port. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing happened, audio works fine but the headset mic still doesn't. As for the BIOS, I'm pretty sure it's the latest for my laptop. Thanks for getting back to me though!