Question My i5 3570 have high temps

Jan 15, 2020
I have i5 3570 and cooler master masterliquid pro 120mm and on 3.4 ghz in gaming temperatures raise to 62 degrees!
I don’t know what is the problem!
Pc specs:
Case: cooler master haf 932
Mb: asus sabertooth p67
Cpu: i5 3570
Gpu: r9 290 xfx
Ram: 16 gb kingston hyperx
Ssd: samsung 860 evo 250gb

Hi, how long have you been using the CM masterliquid pro?

I used the 3570 for 5 years with the stock coolers and at the end temps while gaming (SOTR and BF5) were over 73°, but the CPU still working fine today (I use it for testing other components).

Keep in mind that a 120mm radiator performs about the same as a decent 120mm tower cooler.

Are you sure your cpu is not boosting at all, 3.4GHz is base frecuency, single core max frecuency is 3.8GHz, and all core around 3.6GHz (if I remember correctly).

At 3.6GHz all core I think 62° C is ok for a 120mm radiator like yours.

But yeah I would love to know how old this aio cooler is?

Cheers

Reactions: oldcracc
Jan 15, 2020
I bought the cooler a two weeks ago and the cooler is old one year.

but on 3.8 ghz in gaming (far cry 5,the forest) temp raise to 65 degrees

so i want to know why i7 4690k on 4.0 ghz with cm masterliquid pro 120mm have 60 degrees

so i want to know why i7 4690k on 4.0 ghz with cm masterliquid pro 120mm have 60 degrees

Did you tested this yourself ? In the same case, in the same room at your house?

Im asking cause if you have the "60°C" data from internet is imposible to know under what condition was this readings gotten. Or if the condition are similar at what you have in your room where the PC is wroking.

In any case 65° C is a normal temp, I would worry if you get over 70 playing a game, but 65° with Intel's turbo boost enable seems right to me.

Jan 15, 2020
I know that this temperature is very good but the i5 3570 have tjmax 67degrees,I hear that the thermal paste more matter in temperatures on cpu.

should i buy expensive thermal paste?

Nothing wrong with even 75c. under load.
How is your radiator mounted?
If it takes in fresh air, your cpu will be cooled the best.
But, the cpu heat will not be so good for your motherboard and graphics card.
OTOH, if you mount it as exhaust,(which I like better)which is usual, the radiator will be using heated air from the bpu and motherboard for cooling.
Catch 22.

Still you really have no problem that I can see.

Reactions: RodroX

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I know that this temperature is very good but the i5 3570 have tjmax 67degrees,I hear that the thermal paste more matter in temperatures on cpu.

should i buy expensive thermal paste?

No.

What's your source for that? Tjmax for an i5-3570 is 105 degrees.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i5/Intel-Core i5-3570.html

There's nothing weird about these temperatures and even if they were, my first suspicion would be the cooler anyway. You should never buy a used liquid cooler and in any case, 120mm liquid coolers are pretty lousy anyway.

Reactions: CompuTronix
My radiator is mounted back of the case.

Thats the usual mounting case for this type of radiators.

What we do not know is if the fan is getting the air from inside your case and push it through the radiator to the outside. Or if the fan is getting the air from the back of the case and pushing it through the radiator to the inside of the case.

Case 1
I
I
<<--- I Radiador <<<----- FAN <<<<--- warmer air form inside your case
I
I

Case 2
I
I
fresh air --->> I Pulled by the FAN ----->>> Radiador --->>> warmer air goin to the inside of your case
I
I

CompuTronix

Intel Master
... i5 3570 have tjmax 67degrees ...

Not quite; it seems you have confused one thermal specification for another, which is a common mistake. As my esteemed colleague, DSzymborski, has pointed out, Tj Max for your i5-3570 is 105°C, while Tcase is 67°C.

Here's the difference:

Intel Desktop processors have temperatures for each "Core" and a temperature for the entire "CPU". Core temperatures are measured at the heat sources near the transistor "Junctions" inside each Core where temperatures are highest. CPU temperature is instead a single measurement centered on the external surface of the CPU's "Case" or "IHS" (Integrated Heat Spreader) where the cooler is seated.

Core temperature is considerably higher than CPU temperature due to differences in the proximity of sensors to heat sources.

DjxnuZe.jpg

Intel Desktop processors also have two Thermal Specifications. For Core temperature it's "Tjunction" which is also called "Tj Max" (Temperature Junction Maximum) or “Throttle” temperature. For CPU temperature it's "Tcase" (Temperature Case) which is IHS temperature.

Both Thermal Specifications are shown in Intel’s "Datasheets", which are detailed technical documents. However, Intel's "Product Specifications" website is a quick reference that only shows Tjunction for 7th Generation and later processors, or Tcase for 6th Generation and earlier. This means the processor's Generation determines which of the two Thermal Specifications is shown on the website.

Tcase has always been a confusing specification. Here's why:
When users of 6th Generation and earlier processors see their Thermal Specification on Intel’s Product Specifications website, most don’t realize what Tcase actually means. As there are numerous software utilities for monitoring Core temperature, users assume Tcase must be maximum Core temperature. This is a basic misconception which has persisted since 2006.

Tcase is not Core temperature.
Tcase is IHS temperature. It's a factory only surface measurement only performed on "engineering samples" using a "thermocouple" sensor. Users can't monitor Tcase because retail processors don't have this sensor. Tcase specifications are primarily intended for use by developers of cooling solutions.

Tjunction is Core temperature. It's measured at the heat sources where temperatures are highest.

Since users can monitor Core temperatures but not IHS temperature, Core temperature is the standard for thermal measurement. Accordingly, the limiting Thermal Specification is Tjunction; not Tcase. For end users, this means Tcase is an irrelevant Thermal Specification.

Here's the nominal operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal.

PdancCI.jpg

There's nothing wrong with your Core temperatures. Relax and enjoy your rig.​

CT :sol: