Question My i5-6200u keeps downclocking while playing games.

Jan 7, 2022
The Laptop CPU keeps downclocking while playing games.
Even in the menu it still downclocks. My normal speed should be 2.6 ghz instead it downclocks
itself to 1.39 ghz. I downloaded intel turbo boost technology monitor 2.6 and found that ingame the cpu is in energy saver mode.
What I've tried
*I've tried to cleaning the fan but with no avail.
*Tried reinstalling windows.
*Tried plugging in a different ac adapter, issue still persisted.

Btw My Laptop is a Acer V3-575G with a i5 and a 940m. I've changed the hard drive of it because the original hard drive health is so low and
Installed a different windows called ltsc.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, I'd try and make sure that the laptop is on the latest BIOS version, then check to see if your OS is pending any updates(if you're on Windows 10). If you are indeed on Windows 10, might want to take note of system resources usages when the laptop is idle.

You speak of reinstalling Windows, where did you source the installer from? By different AC adapter, is the other adapter meant for your laptop? If not, please stop doing that to prevent damaging the laptop's internals.

Jan 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, I'd try and make sure that the laptop is on the latest BIOS version, then check to see if your OS is pending any updates(if you're on Windows 10). If you are indeed on Windows 10, might want to take note of system resources usages when the laptop is idle.

You speak of reinstalling Windows, where did you source the installer from? By different AC adapter, is the other adapter meant for your laptop? If not, please stop doing that to prevent damaging the laptop's internals.
I updated the bios to the latest it fixed my problem! Thank you!