[SOLVED] my i5-7400 and gtx1050ti

Aug 11, 2020
I have i5-7400 and gtx1050ti oc edition -4gb and a 8gb ram when i start gaming my cpu goes to 100% usage and at a temp of 55-60degree and my gpu most probably will be around 70-90% and a temp of 55-70 degree and i do play games nearly upto 8-9 hrs is it safe for my cpu to play games at that condition

Solution
So yes, you would benefit from running two sticks, which would provide double the bandwidth due to the dual channel operation, over your single stick. Obviously you don't want to just go get any stick of memory. You want to get the exact same model as what you have now, to have the best chance of them playing nice together. There is always a chance though that you'll have to actually buy a two DIMM kit that comes with matched sticks. Sometimes memory that wasn't purchased together in the same kit, just doesn't want to play ball. Usually though, if it's a lower speed kit that it within JEDEC specs, it's a lot more forgiving.
As mentioned under 80 is safe temp for all components.

offtopic: Grab a second ram stick if you can, cpu load will get a bit lower and you will get even more from your system. If you have 16GB ram, CPU will have to use more cache and less re-calculation which will improve its performance, and will allow gpu to hit (maybe) ~95'ish utilization.

Aug 11, 2020
As mentioned under 80 is safe temp for all components.

offtopic: Grab a second ram stick if you can, cpu load will get a bit lower and you will get even more from your system. If you have 16GB ram, CPU will have to use more cache and less re-calculation which will improve its performance, and will allow gpu to hit (maybe) ~95'ish utilization.
ok bro

I read it differently too. I read it as 4GB VRAM of the 1050Ti and 8GB DRAM. Think we need clarification.
Well, you never know, and it was NOT particularly clear, but yes I thought that might be possible as well. Usually, we like to specify these things but a lot of times members we have visiting from regions with poor hardware availability often have mismatched memory configurations so you never know.

As far as the 8GB that you do have, is that one 8GB stick or two 4GB sticks?

Regardless, as I said in the first place, your temps are perfectly fine for that hardware.

Aug 11, 2020
Well, you never know, and it was NOT particularly clear, but yes I thought that might be possible as well. Usually, we like to specify these things but a lot of times members we have visiting from regions with poor hardware availability often have mismatched memory configurations so you never know.

As far as the 8GB that you do have, is that one 8GB stick or two 4GB sticks?

Regardless, as I said in the first place, your temps are perfectly fine for that hardware.
single 8gb stick

So yes, you would benefit from running two sticks, which would provide double the bandwidth due to the dual channel operation, over your single stick. Obviously you don't want to just go get any stick of memory. You want to get the exact same model as what you have now, to have the best chance of them playing nice together. There is always a chance though that you'll have to actually buy a two DIMM kit that comes with matched sticks. Sometimes memory that wasn't purchased together in the same kit, just doesn't want to play ball. Usually though, if it's a lower speed kit that it within JEDEC specs, it's a lot more forgiving.

Solution