Question My I5-7400 usage is almost all the time 100% while playing fortnite.

May 4, 2020
I lik e to play fortnite, but my game keeps freezing and i thought it was my gpu (geforce gtx 1050) but when i tested it it was actually my cpu (i5-7400). My cpu was almost all the time at 100% and i think it can do better. Can someone help me how to fix it?

My pc specs:
Intel core i5-7400
Geforce GTX 1050
8Gb RAM

May 4, 2020
Thats fairly common these days with quad core/thread cpu's. You can try making sure all background apps are closed to free up any cpu they might be using. What is you RAM and SSD/HDD usage while in game?
my ram usage is about 6/7Gb ingame and my HDD usage is 2000 Mb if im correct (not sure about HDD, im not so good with computers), i have every other program closed

May 4, 2020
I was after the % usage. If the HDD is constantly at 95% or higher then I expect you are also suffering from only having 8gb RAM causing it to cache to the HDD. If HDD is lower then its not this.
Thanks, can i monitor it if i do a stresstest? PS: I just read something about that if your monitor is connected to your motherboard it uses the cpu, i now have both my HDMI and the other cable (forget the name) plugged into my graphics card. Can this potentially help?