Question My i5 7600k hits 100% always with 1060 6GB

kjutnikolas

Commendable
Aug 15, 2017
I have a 15 7600k CPU , MSI M3 Z270 GAMING motherboard, 16GB ram 3200 mhz and a msi gtx 1060 6gb gaming x+. I have windows 10 installed on SSD. I had this PC for 2 years and this problem was here always (i formatted PC multiple times inbetween). But with every game i hit 100% cpu and it starts lagging. Either i have to have the game on lowest settings and still experience lag spikes or just have 100% lag always. I never have any background apps opened except Discord sometimes. What could be the problem because i think i have a good pc especially for games that came out in the last few years to ATLEAST play on LOW settings but im still getting lag. :( I have graphic card drivers updated always.......

Please any help? Thanks

What games are you playing? CPU heavy titles like Battlefield or Assassin's Creed really need at minimum a 6 core CPU (preferably with HT or SMT) to run well.

This is a problem with a lot of newer AAA games, the 7600k simply doesn't have enough cores and threads to run those newer games well and you will suffer frequent lag spikes as the CPU struggles to keep up regardless of graphics settings. Unfortunately you're looking at a CPU and motherboard upgrade to fix this problem unless you can get a 6th or 7th gen i7 for a good price eg. $200 or less.