[SOLVED] My i7-11700KF causes a ton of lag spikes randomly on Roblox ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

1ee

Aug 6, 2021
it does this when i lag and it makes red bars
unknown.png

Solution
And I don’t know how to disable it because I can’t get into BIOS without computer turning off

Yep. i did the same. my 2933 ram was running at 2666 on my 2933 only supported motherboard.
It would always shut off right after starting.

You have to hard reset the motherboard by taking apart the pc. Propably taking out the graphics card and taking out the small battery in the motherboard. Leave it out for a minute and then put it back in and start up your pc. motherboard settings will be reset. software and apps will still be there, those are on the ssd.
Aug 15, 2021
OPs motherboard supports XMP and rams speeds upto 5333.
Outside of laptops, tablets, AIOs or custom/proprietary boards you be hard pressed to find a desktop motherboard without either a cmos clr pins, jumper or button. The manual is the best way to find its location and instructions for use, for example page 42 of the OPs motherboard manual has the info on how to do it on that board.

Well, It took me 2 minutes to find out i can remove the battery and shorting the pins is like hours of looking which one they are on my ASrock steel legend

bignastyid

Titan
Well, It took me 2 minutes to find out i can remove the battery and shorting the pins is like hours of looking which one they are on my ASrock steel legend
It took me a couple minutes to find and download the manual for the OPs board and maybe a minute to find the bios reset information in it. If it takes you hours to locate such information maybe you should learn more/do more research before giving advice.

Aug 15, 2021
It took me a couple minutes to find and download the manual for the OPs board and maybe a minute to find the bios reset information in it. If it takes you hours to locate such information maybe you should learn more/do more research before giving advice.

I said, To find the contacts to short.

Last edited by a moderator:

1ee

Aug 6, 2021
Yep. i did the same. my 2933 ram was running at 2666 on my 2933 only supported motherboard.
It would always shut off right after starting.

You have to hard reset the motherboard by taking apart the pc. Propably taking out the graphics card and taking out the small battery in the motherboard. Leave it out for a minute and then put it back in and start up your pc. motherboard settings will be reset. software and apps will still be there, those are on the ssd.
Thanks it worked, also the roblox cpu lag managed to fix itself after the restart. Maybe when i got the new pc something went wrong with the bios settings