[SOLVED] My i7-11700KF causes a ton of lag spikes randomly on Roblox ?

1ee

Aug 6, 2021
it does this when i lag and it makes red bars
unknown.png

Solution
And I don’t know how to disable it because I can’t get into BIOS without computer turning off

Yep. i did the same. my 2933 ram was running at 2666 on my 2933 only supported motherboard.
It would always shut off right after starting.

You have to hard reset the motherboard by taking apart the pc. Propably taking out the graphics card and taking out the small battery in the motherboard. Leave it out for a minute and then put it back in and start up your pc. motherboard settings will be reset. software and apps will still be there, those are on the ssd.

1ee

Aug 6, 2021
Storage? Do you use the old SSD with old Windows install?

Make and model PSU?

What RAM exactly?

i use 500 gb ssd on my new pc, my old pc had hdd 1 tb
750W on new pc (NZXT C750 Gold)
16gb ram ddr4 (2X 8GB) on new pc

also idk if this helps but i got the new pc like 2-3 days ago

Aug 15, 2021
And I don’t know how to disable it because I can’t get into BIOS without computer turning off

Yep. i did the same. my 2933 ram was running at 2666 on my 2933 only supported motherboard.
It would always shut off right after starting.

You have to hard reset the motherboard by taking apart the pc. Propably taking out the graphics card and taking out the small battery in the motherboard. Leave it out for a minute and then put it back in and start up your pc. motherboard settings will be reset. software and apps will still be there, those are on the ssd.

Solution
Aug 15, 2021
XMP doesn't kill motherboards and using the cmos clr/bios reset jumper or button(depends on motherboard) is the proper and best way to reset the bios to defaults not removing the cmos battery.
I Also said, ''Motherboards that don't support it'' And with kill, I mean freeze. They won't boot. Not every motherboard has a reset switch.

Sorry i'm kinda making this a fight. Just wanted to straighten out what i meant!

Kind regards.

bignastyid

Titan
I Also said, ''Motherboards that don't support it'' And with kill, I mean freeze. They won't boot. Not every motherboard has a reset switch.

Sorry i'm kinda making this a fight. Just wanted to straighten out what i meant!

Kind regards.
OPs motherboard supports XMP and rams speeds upto 5333.
Outside of laptops, tablets, AIOs or custom/proprietary boards you be hard pressed to find a desktop motherboard without either a cmos clr pins, jumper or button. The manual is the best way to find its location and instructions for use, for example page 42 of the OPs motherboard manual has the info on how to do it on that board.

Last edited: