[SOLVED] My i7 8700k temp is 100° c hellllp

Aug 13, 2020
Hi every one need help with this issus i have i7 8700k and for every week since i buy it
I buy it new
The temp suddenly go for 100° for every week i must replace the thermal paste to make the temp normal about 30° idle max 72° on stress
What should i do
My setup is
I7 8700k
Aorus z370 ultra gaming 2.0
32 gb 3200 adata
Rtx 2080 ti
Thermal take cooler 240 mm
1000 watt thermaltake PSU PLAT
srrry for my bad english

Solution
My idea. I think the AIO might have air in it. When used for a week the air is collecting in one place and causing an air lock. When you change the paste the air is moved around in the AIO which temporarily removes the air lock. As AIO’s are a sealed unit there is no fix apart from replacing the AIO, maybe with a high end air cooler this time.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Changing paste that often isn't necessary, nor warranted, a 'good' paste is good for @ 8 years or more.

What's changing is what happens when you DO replace the paste. You are turning off the pc, unplugging it, opening the side panel, unplugging the cpu fan, removing the cooler, repaste, and then doing everything in reverse order.

Try doing all the steps except the last 2. Removing, pasting is a physical thing that doesn't affect the cpu at all. All the unplugging, time with pc off etc are physical things that CAN affect the cpu.

So see if that works. If it does, then do it again, but don't unplug the fan. Start backpeddling, see what (if anything) affects the cpu's habit of hitting throttle temps. It could simply be a bad fan that's not spinning as it should once it hits a certain speed and the motor overheats, slowing it further. The time spent doing all the cleaning and pasting is just time it needs to cool off and reset.

Reactions: Mohjolan
Aug 13, 2020
Changing paste that often isn't necessary, nor warranted, a 'good' paste is good for @ 8 years or more.

What's changing is what happens when you DO replace the paste. You are turning off the pc, unplugging it, opening the side panel, unplugging the cpu fan, removing the cooler, repaste, and then doing everything in reverse order.

Try doing all the steps except the last 2. Removing, pasting is a physical thing that doesn't affect the cpu at all. All the unplugging, time with pc off etc are physical things that CAN affect the cpu.

So see if that works. If it does, then do it again, but don't unplug the fan. Start backpeddling, see what (if anything) affects the cpu's habit of hitting throttle temps. It could simply be a bad fan that's not spinning as it should once it hits a certain speed and the motor overheats, slowing it further. The time spent doing all the cleaning and pasting is just time it needs to cool off and reset.
I do that but same resualt
But i notice that that the thermal paste is so hard ?
I used thermaltake thermal paste that came with the cooler

Aug 13, 2020

I change the place off cooler from top to right corner and the temp is now good
But the 4&3 dimm now its not working i checked and i find bent pin and i fixed it so hard and same problem
4 pins was bent and i fix them
What should i do now
And thx for help

My idea. I think the AIO might have air in it. When used for a week the air is collecting in one place and causing an air lock. When you change the paste the air is moved around in the AIO which temporarily removes the air lock. As AIO’s are a sealed unit there is no fix apart from replacing the AIO, maybe with a high end air cooler this time.

Reactions: Mohjolan
Solution
Aug 13, 2020
yes it was the cause because when i move the cooler form side to upside it work fine and i will buy dark pro 4 air cooler and all closed loop water cooler are trash

TRENDING THREADS