[SOLVED] My i9 10900K with MSI 360R AIO spikes to 100 C

Dec 3, 2021
Hello everyone, I built my first desktop PC 4 months ago. Everything was normal until a week ago. Since a week I get pretty high CPU temperatures with 360mm liquid cooler.
When I brought my PC to the IT technical support office, technicians checked the components up and replaced the thermal paste and they said the games I have been playing are causing high temps. But they couldn't explain why I was getting max 65 C during my long gaming sessions until last week. They just adviced me to play 1-2 hours then let it rest. Unfortunately there is not a better IT support office to take my PC in my location.
I will be grateful if you can help me. :(

image1.jpg

Components:
CPU
Intel i9 10900K
CPU CoolerMSI Mag Coreliquid 360r
MotherboardMSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
MemoryGSKILL 32GB (2x16GB) Trident Z Royal Elite Gold RGB 3600Mhz CL14
Storage1TB Samsung 970 EVO 3400/2500 MB/s NVMe M.2
Video CardMSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
CaseGamepower Warcry Atx Full Tower 6 * Fan
Power SupplyZALMAN ZM1200-EBT 80+ GOLD 1200W
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro

Temperatures: (MSI Center Hardware Monitoring Values)
Idle:

%3 CPU usage, 38-40 C
%10 CPU usage, 65-70 C (while microsoft software protection platform service running)
In game:
(Valorant high settings)
%25-30 CPU usage, 80-95 C

CPU Fan RPM is not 0 or N/A. It is increasing depend on CPU temperature. And I have noticed the radiator is not getting warm.

This is temp and RPM values 10 seconds after I run a game. (Deep Rock Galactic)

cpu.png

30 seconds after I run Valorant.

cpu2.png

I added a short video of idle state temp values.

Idle State Temperature

Solution
You need to find a new IT support because their full of crap. It should be fine gaming for hours and hours not use it a couple hours and let it rest LOL.

Sounds to me like the pump is failing on the cooler.
Dec 3, 2021
You need to find a new IT support because their full of crap. It should be fine gaming for hours and hours not use it a couple hours and let it rest LOL.

Sounds to me like the pump is failing on the cooler.
Thank you for the reply, it is 4 months old. I think it is under warranty. Is it a repairable issue ?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is it a repairable issue ?
It is NOT a repairable issue. It is a design limitation.
The pump is in the radiator. The massive 360mm radiator kills any chance of you being able to save this unit, or the replacement.
There's only 2 ways to mount it here:
-side, with radiator inlet + outlet at the top
Neither one will last, as both will expose the pump to air in time.
The Coreliquid R, RH, C, and P models need to be mounted in the side, with the radiator inlet + outlet at the bottom, which is not possible to do here.
Only the Coreliquid K and S models don't use that goofy Pump-In-Radiator design.

Get a completely different cooler.

TRENDING THREADS