[SOLVED] My in-game Mouse Sensitivity is Too Damn High!

Nov 7, 2019
First question: Is this the right place to ask my second question?

Second question: Why is every in-game sensitivity -- even when turned all the way down -- still too high?

I have a Tecknet 6D Gaming Mouse M268 MJP315 plugged in via USB to an 8-year-old Dell XPS computer, running Windows 10 Pro.

There's a button on the mouse that toggles between three DPI settings (don't ask me what those are), and I have it on the lowest setting.

The area i move the mouse vs how far the cursor travels in Windows is perfect, but no matter what game I play, I have to lower the in-game sensitivity all the way down.

For example, in CSGO, I have it set at 0.84 out of 8.00. In Apex, 1.1 out of 20.0. I can't look at Overwatch currently, it's updating 8 gigs, but it's super low as well.

Each of those is good enough, but I've been messing around with some other games recently. Warframe is at ZERO out of 100 and still too high. Zero! Spec Ops: The Line is unplayable at 1 out of 10. Bioshock remastered, Bioshock 2 remastered, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Destiny 2, Minecraft. Too high, too high, too high, too high, too high, too high.

I'm super frustrated; I have no idea how to fix it; and even if somebody out there knows how to fix it, I'm really not looking forward to re-learning muscle-memory on my main games.

Little help?

Solution
I checked on your mouse and it appears the DPI settings are preset only, with no way to adjust them. The lowest is 1000Hz. I tried 1000Hz as my default once on my Logitech G402, and I didn't like it. I have it set to 880 now.

From your response I'm not sure if you found the right settings in W10, or if you turned off Enhanced Pointer Precision, but here it is for reference. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/101691-turn-off-enhance-pointer-precision-windows.html

The lesson here, especially if you are picky about mouse speed in games, like most avid gamers are, is know what you're buying. You really need to check specs and reviews on a component that critical to your gaming.

If it were me, if the mouse is still under any kind...
Check your mouse software if it comes with one you can tweak settings. Most decent mice with on the fly DPI adjust have a software panel where you can adjust the DPI of each setting.

If not, Windows also has a mouse settings in Control Panel>Mouse>Pointer Options. First uncheck Enhance Pointer Precision, as this often solves mouse problems.

If not, as a last resort you can as well lower mouse pointer speed .

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019
Check your mouse software if it comes with one you can tweak settings. Most decent mice with on the fly DPI adjust have a software panel where you can adjust the DPI of each setting.

If not, Windows also has a mouse settings in Control Panel>Mouse>Pointer Options. First uncheck Enhance Pointer Precision, as this often solves mouse problems.

If not, as a last resort you can as well lower mouse pointer speed .
As far as I can tell, there's no software on my machine that would have come with the mouse. I certainly didn't install it, either.

Don't most games bypass Windows pointer options, in favour of RAW input? I'll try it out anyway.

Mouse accel is off in windows, as well.

I checked on your mouse and it appears the DPI settings are preset only, with no way to adjust them. The lowest is 1000Hz. I tried 1000Hz as my default once on my Logitech G402, and I didn't like it. I have it set to 880 now.

From your response I'm not sure if you found the right settings in W10, or if you turned off Enhanced Pointer Precision, but here it is for reference. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/101691-turn-off-enhance-pointer-precision-windows.html

The lesson here, especially if you are picky about mouse speed in games, like most avid gamers are, is know what you're buying. You really need to check specs and reviews on a component that critical to your gaming.

If it were me, if the mouse is still under any kind of vendor return period, or warranty, I would try to refund it. At the very least, sell it to someone that's OK with the DPI settings, and get one more suited to you.

Solution