Question My installed ram won`t work

May 4, 2019
Hello,

I have an acer veriton m490g, with 6 gb ddr 3 1333 MHZ with 3 slots occupied.

I have bought 2 more 1 of 4gb of ram and other in case this wont work of 2gb ram both 1333 mgz. I have win 10 x64. The wierd part comes now: If i use my old 3 memory works no problem.If I add the 4th of 2gb wont start. If i start with 2 old and the new 2gb ones, again no problem until I add the 4th one. The one of 4gb, the same, it wont start, here is even wierd. If I disable memory remmaping, it works no problem, it show me I have 10 gb ram but only 3.19 usable. If I activate remmaping, the pc will restart repetatly, before I even see the main screen of the booting.

Any ideeas what could I do?

Thank you very much!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Firstly, mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed to work together, regardless as to whether they are the same speeds / model / size / timings etc. They are only guaranteed to work together in the pack sold.

Next to that, have you tried each RAM module individually, if it constantly faults on only 1 module, then you need to RMA that module. If all work, then try each individual slot.

Have you also reset CMOS when installing the new RAM?

May 4, 2019
Firstly, mixed RAM modules are not guaranteed to work together, regardless as to whether they are the same speeds / model / size / timings etc. They are only guaranteed to work together in the pack sold.

Next to that, have you tried each RAM module individually, if it constantly faults on only 1 module, then you need to RMA that module. If all work, then try each individual slot.

Have you also reset CMOS when installing the new RAM?

Hello,

Thank you for the replay.

However, than how come this combination doesn`t work either:

2x2gb ddr3 samsung pair from a 4gb set + 1 additional 1x4gb ram in another slot. In this case the pc will restart constantly

TRENDING THREADS