Question My Intel Core Duo 2Ghz Idles At 200F. I have a MacBook late 2008.

Jan 19, 2021
Help! why is this happening its very concerning the only laptop I have is cooking its self. My Intel Core Duo 2Ghz Idles At 200F. I have a MacBook late 2008. my laptop is at full blast. on the left that is hot it tells me when my cpu losses processing power its a 100% capacity what. Thermals >Picture

Not familiar with macs--didn't see it.

So then the only other thing is that the fan is running but that the thermal paste between the heatsink fan and the cpu is not doing its job. Did this just start happening suddenly?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
°C helps. It's the universal pc temp. °F is never used in common practice as it gets confusing.

Pc/mac/laptop shouldn't be idling at 93°C, shouldn't even be hitting that temp except under very heavy loads. The 2 biggest culprits are dust/dirt/debris clogging airflow through the cpu heatsink and thermal paste between the cpu and the cooler. Most really good thermal pastes are good for @ 8 years ±, and dust should be cleaned out at a minimum of 1x per year, preferably more often.

Educated guess leads most ppl to assume you suffer from both aspects, 0 airflow and very old paste. Remedy both of those and then see what temps are. In °C please.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS