[SOLVED] My intel core i5-6200u runs at 80c at full load is it safe for my cpu longetivity??

Jun 20, 2020
Also I'm contributing my pc to folding@home for this covid pandemic. It's load takes my cpu to near 70c is it safe (cause I'll run this 24/7 ) for my processors lifespan

Last edited:
Solution
First thanks for quick reply
is my cpu longetivity affected by these temps
It's within spec so the predicted mtbf will be within specs. However, that being said, cooler electronics can last longer and you could always upgrade your paste and cooler to cool it a little bit better, or set all your fans to 100%. That being said, I've really not seen many Intel processors die--seems like they last a long time unless they've been overclocked. And even then they will last as long as the cooling is good.
First thanks for quick reply
is my cpu longetivity affected by these temps
It's within spec so the predicted mtbf will be within specs. However, that being said, cooler electronics can last longer and you could always upgrade your paste and cooler to cool it a little bit better, or set all your fans to 100%. That being said, I've really not seen many Intel processors die--seems like they last a long time unless they've been overclocked. And even then they will last as long as the cooling is good.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS