[SOLVED] My intel i3 9100f won't go any further than 3.6 GHz, is it maxed out at 3.6 although it supports Intel boost technology ?

Aug 20, 2020
Had an i3 9100f with Asus Prime H310m-d in my PC. I don't know why it won't go for more than 3.6 GHz under cpu bench test (i'm new to computers), high performance mode already turned on but still not going for more than 3.6 GHz.

Last edited:
Had an i3 9100f with Asus Prime H310m-d in my PC. I don't know why it won't go for more than 3.6 GHz under cpu bench test (i'm new to computers), high performance mode already turned on but still not going for more than 3.6 GHz.
These tests are made to push the tech as much as possible so getting the advertised all core clocks is all you can expect.
Run something else like a game or even cinebench and report back if you still won't get above 3.6 even with a game then we should look for an issue.

Aug 20, 2020
These tests are made to push the tech as much as possible so getting the advertised all core clocks is all you can expect.
Run something else like a game or even cinebench and report back if you still won't get above 3.6 even with a game then we should look for an issue.
just did the test and it showed that my cpu got lower score than the other i3 9100f and won't get above 3.6