Jan 15, 2021
Whenever I open file explorer my internet connection drops to 0 for 5 seconds or so and then comes back.
I have tried to fix this issue many times but any solution I found on the internet didn't work for me. I have tried all kinds of stuff like updating drivers, deleting suspicious programs, removing viruses, and much more. When opening task manager and then opening file explorer, it shows that nothing gets any connection (I figured that maybe the file explorer launches some kind of process that takes up all the internet but it shows that every process is getting 0 Mbps). This is becoming very frustrating because I edit many photos and videos and every time I wanna open a file my connection drops for 5 seconds.

Any help would be appreciated.
Please note that I am 17 and I don't really understand that sort of stuff. And also please excuse my English - it is not my primary language. Thanks!

Dec 12, 2020
www.facebook.com
I've got a few.. first, check and see if you have file sharing or remote desktop enabled. Next, I would try disconnecting from the internet and see if the issue still happens in the same circumstances.. let me know if the issue stops there but if not, then next check any and all hard drive properties in This PC and look at power options for sleep modes or again a network drive or file/folder sharing. And last resort if all else fails, backup important things to you and do the Reset This PC option. It could honestly be a bad Windows Update so that's one more thing to check before doing a Reset would run SFC, and DISM in command prompt.

Jan 15, 2021
I have tried everything you said except for the Reset and unfortunately, nothing worked. I might just do a Reset if I won't find a solution soon. Anyway, thanks for your reply!