My internet connection keeps dropping.

Steven_74

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
I initially thought it was my laptop's wireless adapter but it's not. My phone remains connected even when my laptop's connectivity drops. Updating the driver didn't work. I just bought a new desktop and I'm still experiencing the same issues.

I've reset our router to factory settings and no change. I'm not sure why this is happening.

Once every 10-15 minutes I'll get the "No Internet" or Yellow Triangle notification. I'll either wait 30-60 seconds and it resolves itself or I'll disconnect/reconnect and it'll work again.

Any idea what is causing this? My heart says the router but I've tried setting my laptop to connect to a single channel and it didn't work.

The router is an ASUS RT-AC68R if that helps.

Thanks folks.

Solution

I actually think I may have found the issue. Can you let me know if this sounds possible?

I switched from the 2.4 gHZ...

Steven_74

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

How can that be? I don't lose connectivity to my phone while using the same connection. I've contacted my ISP before and they told me they weren't seeing any packet drops.

Rohail Sk

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

1. Ask the ISP provider to send someone to check the wiring in your area, Sometimes it may happen that the connection may drop due to faulty wiring.
2. Try changing your wires at your home with a new one if you have a Wired connection.
3. If that too doesn't work then you'll have to change your router.

Steven_74

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

I actually think I may have found the issue. Can you let me know if this sounds possible?

I switched from the 2.4 gHZ channel to the 5G and it has't disconnected yet. I read that the 2.4 band is more prone to interference. We have 3-4 desktops, 4+ phones and 1-2 consoles connected to our router at any given time. So is it possible that this is a solution?

Solution

Rohail Sk

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

Yes, that may be the problem, there may be many people on that 2.4ghz band which were causing interference, 5ghz should be better...

you can also check this link out for more information: http://www.howtogeek.com/126327/how-to-get-a-better-wireless-signal-and-reduce-wireless-network-interference/

TRENDING THREADS