Question My internet connection unstable because of asus mobo?

antb201

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
I just bought an Asus z390 plus gaming mobo with wifi built in. Games keep crashing due to unstable servers. Are these mobos known for not having reliable network adapters built in ? The ethernet is made by intel so im not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. I had no problems with my old dell inspiron 3847 when playing fortnite. I am not using the wifi, just wondering if maybe that technology built in is hindering all types of internet connection in my case? Just looking for all possibilities. All games are crashing and the games are telling me i have been disconnected from their servers meaning i lagged out so i am wondering if the mobo has a messed up ethernet port or something.

Last edited:
It's not exactly clear what you are talking about. "Are these mobos known for not having reliable servers? " What servers are you speaking of? The game servers don't reside on the motherboard. I've been running ASUS motherboards for over 20 years and haven't noticed any instability but I haven't used that exact one. Ethernet and WiFi are 2 different things. What was in your Dell machine?

antb201

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
It's not exactly clear what you are talking about. "Are these mobos known for not having reliable servers? " What servers are you speaking of? The game servers don't reside on the motherboard. I've been running ASUS motherboards for over 20 years and haven't noticed any instability but I haven't used that exact one. Ethernet and WiFi are 2 different things. What was in your Dell machine?
I don't know what kind of technology was used for my old dell but my games weren't crashing. I just bought an rtx 2070 on feb. 1 2019 so I don't think that's the problem. When I check network settings, sometimes it says that I am disconnect or no internet, while my browser still DOES have internet. When I log onto fortnite it tells me I have a weak connection. I tested ram one at a time and problem persisted. My only other guess is a faulty motherboard. Maybe something in it was damaged ? The only thing I added to my dell was a gtx 1060.

Intel 9700k
mobo asus z390 plus gaming
evga sc ddr4 series 16 ram
evga g3 750watt psu
evga xc rtx 2070

antb201

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
I just noticed that the tpm pins on the mobo are broken. Can this be the cause of instability ? I bought this mobo in "like new" condition on ebay btw.