[SOLVED] my internet cuts off for couple minutes

Jul 31, 2020
so my recently my internet seems to stop working for couple of minutes and come back again this seems to happen a lot of time through out the day and on the router the light is green which means the internet is working fine but even in Lan and wireless the internet stops for some minutes and then come back to check i ping 8.8.8.8 -t and then i found out when the internet stops it says requested time out and before the internet comes back it says my ip and destination not reachable and the it comes back and work normally the isp came and checked everything the cable the switch everything seems to work fine and my friend also has from the same isp he live near but the problem is just for me not him

Solution
Does your ISP provide IPv6 service? If not try disabling IPv6 on your network adapter.

Do you have admin rights to the network router?

The lease time is currently set for 2 hours. Change the lease time to 8 hours.
Jul 31, 2020
Does your ISP provide IPv6 service? If not try disabling IPv6 on your network adapter.

Do you have admin rights to the network router?

The lease time is currently set for 2 hours. Change the lease time to 8 hours.
i changed my lease time to 8 hrs and i ran a ipv6 test it says i dont have ipv6

Ralston18

Titan
Any improvement; meaning fewer cut-offs?

If not, the next step is to check the wires and connections leading up to the router.

Ensure that all are fully plugged in and firmly in place.

Check for signs of damage: kinks, crushing, hard twists, conductor showing through the insulation, etc.

Devices: Modem, router, other. Make and model information.

Jul 31, 2020
Any improvement; meaning fewer cut-offs?

If not, the next step is to check the wires and connections leading up to the router.

Ensure that all are fully plugged in and firmly in place.

Check for signs of damage: kinks, crushing, hard twists, conductor showing through the insulation, etc.

Devices: Modem, router, other. Make and model information.
i mean the internet hasnt cut off by now ill have to check for a day . the isp came checked every cable everthing is fine if the internet cuts off again maybe its my router so ill borrow the router of my friend and use it for a day and let him use mine if his internet cuts off ill know its my router

Ralston18

Titan
If no IPv6 service then disabling IPv6 is just one less potential problem.

And if that is proven wrong, then IPv6 could be re-enabled if necessary.

Key is to just keep track of what is and is not enabled. And change only one thing at a time.

That way you know what the last action was and can undo it if necessary.