Question My internet disconnects when gaming for 10-15s then comes back fine. PLS HELP!!!

Nuplar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
I've had this issue for months that when im playing a game i randomly disconnect for about 10-15s and then its fine again. Sometimes it happens frequently and sometimes it doesnt happen but once and hour. I've had very few occasions were its never happened at least once in a day. My internet is fine other than those disconnects though. I never get ping spikes or lag issues at all unless its the disconnects. Sometimes it completely disconnects me from a game and other times everything freezes for 10-15s. Eventually the game catches back up and goes back to normal.

Its not the ethernet cable. I unplugged it and it happened on wireless.
I had a guy from my ISP come out and he said there was nothing wrong with the router in the house and that its most likely not on their side.
I have seen people say that Anti-Virus can cause issues sometimes.

I have tried so much and i can't figure out what's causing it.

When you ask for help, please be soo kind to provide your full system specs (brand and model of every component of your PC), without it is really close to imposible to give any help.

Heck sometimes even with all that info is really hard to help.

Finally but really important too, state if you connect using cable or wifi, we are not seers you know :)

Just in case, try with your wifi integrated card!

Make sure you unplug the ethernet cable while doing that.

This may be a driver problem with your LAN, or something else.

So I would really try with the wireless card included in your motherboard to check if works without issues.

Nuplar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
When this happens does your game freeze or game is running smooth there is just no net connection for that ammount of time?🤦‍♂️🍩💯🤷‍♀️
Let's take Modern Warfare for example. When is happens everything freezes around me, but i can still move. For Rocket League everyone just starts spinning in circles, but i can drive anywhere. I just started playing another game called Among us and i completely disconnect from the game when it happens. Rocket League and MW dont kick me from the game.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I have MSI Dragon Center and MSI Afterburner
Can you verify if there are drops in connections on your desktop when your not gaming? You can get a ping app to log and just ping a site and see if it drops any packets. I think this is just something that happens on your machine and has nothing to do with online AAA titles. If you can remove the ethernet mobo software then install the latest version and see if it jolts things some how. For now that is all I can think of besides just resetting the router in the back and what not.✝🤦‍♂️💯🤷‍♀️🖐🙏

Nuplar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
Can you verify if there are drops in connections on your desktop when your not gaming? You can get a ping app to log and just ping a site and see if it drops any packets. I think this is just something that happens on your machine and has nothing to do with online AAA titles. If you can remove the ethernet mobo software then install the latest version and see if it jolts things some how. For now that is all I can think of besides just resetting the router in the back and what not.✝🤦‍♂️💯🤷‍♀️🖐🙏
What ping apps are there? Can i use command prompt?

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
So ping never came back dead but your game once again lagged out? Okay it might be something with hardware but before we do that try this. Grab DDU Display Driver Uninstaller and run it in safe mode and do a clean and restart and then in normal mode install the latest graphics drivers and see what happens. Also make sure you don't have a page file on any drive on the system. 🙏☮😲🍩👌

Nuplar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
So ping never came back dead but your game once again lagged out? Okay it might be something with hardware but before we do that try this. Grab DDU Display Driver Uninstaller and run it in safe mode and do a clean and restart and then in normal mode install the latest graphics drivers and see what happens. Also make sure you don't have a page file on any drive on the system. 🙏☮😲🍩👌
I don't really know how to do all of that. I don't wanna uninstall something that im not suppose to,

What exactly do you want me to do with the wi-fi card? Do you want me to unplug the ethernet and just try wireless internet,

Just in case, try with your wifi integrated card!

Make sure you unplug the ethernet cable while doing that.

This may be a driver problem with your LAN, or something else.

So I would really try with the wireless card included in your motherboard to check if works without issues.