Question My internet in new room is slower but the person using his pc before in the same room has very good WiFi speeds

Sep 4, 2021
I just moved into my brother's room because he moved out.

I moved my entire pc setup into the room
Before when my brother has his pc setup in the room, his wifi has good speed and nothing was wrong
but now that i'm in the room using my pc, for some reason my wifi speed is bellow 1mbps and upload speed 0mbps
Everyone else's speed is fine and even when i use my phone its faster than my pc
I dont know why this is happening
How do i fix this?

My specs:
Intel Core i5-8400 2.8GHz
8GB ram
Nividia GTX1050
ASUS Prime H310M-K motherboard

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
I just moved into my brother's room because he moved out.

I moved my entire pc setup into the room
Before when my brother has his pc setup in the room, his wifi has good speed and nothing was wrong
but now that i'm in the room using my pc, for some reason my wifi speed is bellow 1mbps and upload speed 0mbps
Everyone else's speed is fine and even when i use my phone its faster than my pc
I dont know why this is happening
How do i fix this?

My specs:
Intel Core i5-8400 2.8GHz
8GB ram
Nividia GTX1050
ASUS Prime H310M-K motherboard
That motherboard does not have built-in WIFI. What are you using for a WIFI adapter?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Installed internally with external antennas
Connecting via 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? Are the antennas right next to the wall, or the type with a cable that allows for better positioning (now you know why we are asking about model specifics)?

In general, 2.4Ghz is better with obstructions, but lower speeds. 5Ghz is faster, but optimal speeds more impacted by obstructions.

Antennas crammed against walls tend to perform poorly. In your other location, positioning was likely better than the current location.

Sep 4, 2021
Connecting via 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? Are the antennas right next to the wall, or the type with a cable that allows for better positioning (now you know why we are asking about model specifics)?
sorry for not giving all this, my first time with this. It is built into the pc and the only thing that is external are the antennas. My network band is 5ghz. if that is what you wanted to know.
should be this

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1474745-REG/tp_link_archer_t4e_ac1200_wireless.html

COLGeek

Cybernaut
sorry for not giving all this, my first time with this. It is built into the pc and the only thing that is external are the antennas. My network band is 5ghz. if that is what you wanted to know.
should be this

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1474745-REG/tp_link_archer_t4e_ac1200_wireless.html
Try connecting to a 2.4Ghz channel and see if that helps. Also, try repositioning the PC to not place the antennas right next to obstructions.

You can also get an external antenna that will allow you to reposition them for optimal use. Something like this:

Sep 4, 2021
Sep 4, 2021
Then you are stuck for now. If your parents manage your router, you might want to ask them to look at how your wifi networks are set up.

Try repositioning your PC.
ok so i tried to connect an ethernet cable to a wifi extender. the model is AC1300 Deco M5 tp-link. the speed is still very slow though