[SOLVED] My internet is slow only on one computer, and its driving me nuts.

CPWolf

Reputable
Oct 6, 2016
Ive been following guides on the internet about this issue but nothing seems to have solved my problem. Internet fluctuates in performance both on WiFi and on Ethernet cables. Download speeds are supposed to be 50 Mbps and upload 12 Mbps. But my download goes from .8 to 20 max and my upload from .1 to 3.

This is a new build so a fresh copy of windows was installed . I'm pretty sure this isn't a hardware but a software one. any ideas, don't feel the gaming edge WiFi in this build >:...

Software: Windows 10 pro x64
Build:
I5-10600K
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wi-Fi
RTX 2070 SUPER
Toshiba MKN SSD (240 GB)
Seagate Harddrive 1TB

Ethernet Adapter: Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller

WiFi: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz

PS: Updated bios, returned it to factory settings (Which made me have no internet through Ethernet whatsoever until i updated bios), re installed all network adapter drives, Network reset, tried changing the DNS, did the command promp thing ( NETSH INT IP RESET C:\RESETLOG.TXT , NETSH WINSOCK RESET, IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS), also ran the troubleshooter.

UPDATE: Turns out Windows does not update the drivers properly (for the network adapters at least). Had to manually look for updates. Another option is IObit Drive Booster A friend was able to update to the same drivers with this program and it also solved his issues. For me it detected other drivers that where not up to date and windows does not install properly.

Last edited:

CPWolf

Reputable
Oct 6, 2016
If it's a clean install it's probably the version that is on the disc. I would say keep updating Windows until you can't update no more.
Yeah I updated until I couldn't but the problem was something super obscure! Turns out that Windows does not update the drivers properly for the network adapters. I was doing it through windows and its update drivers feature but it updates a driver from 2015.

I had to manually update network adapters, I should have known, now I just feel dumb, lol