[SOLVED] My internet keeps disappearing ingame

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4Rr10R

Commendable
Apr 9, 2020
So basically, I've been having this problem recently where my Internet just suddenly shuts off and comes back after a bit. For some reason it's usually after I play a game of Fortnite. For a quick example, I load into a game, I die and come back to the lobby then suddenly I can't matchmake anymore. I check my phone and there is no down arrow and then the internet just goes away. What's even more annoying is coming back to the lobby all good, matchmaking into a game and at the start island I suddenly can't move and I go check my phone and the same thing happens. I wait for the connection to come back, it takes me back to the lobby and I have to matchmake again. This also happens while I'm ingame sometimes but usually after a match. To be clear this mostly only happens to Fortnite. I don't have a clue why. It makes me want to just play Valorant or something else just because it doesn't disconnect me most of the time. It only happened in Valorant once but it was ingame and I didn't think much of it. No other devices trigger this issue for some reason but when the connection gets lost my whole family gets disconnected. I tried going to Device Manager and updating my Network Adapter drivers but it says I have the latest installed. I doubt that but eh. As for software that could be affecting me, I have been recently been using buff,game. That overwolf based app that gives you rewards for playing games and completing their challenges, but I think it's been happening a bit before I even found out about it. I don't think it's my provider that's having a problem, then again it could be but it doesn't explain why it only happens when playing games. Anyone have a solution?

Specs:
i5 3470
8GB GGR3
GT 1030

Connection: Ethernet

Lutfij

Titan
This is how you list your specs;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU as well, not just it's make and model. Can you look into the BIOS version for your motherboard? If you're on Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 21H1. As for your disconnection extending all the way up to your family/household devices, you might want to state if you have a router or a device of sorts between your ISP and the PC(and the rest of your household devices). If a router, include the make and model of the unit.

W4Rr10R

Commendable
Apr 9, 2020
This is how you list your specs;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU as well, not just it's make and model. Can you look into the BIOS version for your motherboard? If you're on Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 21H1. As for your disconnection extending all the way up to your family/household devices, you might want to state if you have a router or a device of sorts between your ISP and the PC(and the rest of your household devices). If a router, include the make and model of the unit.

Well my PC is technically a prebuilt hand-me-down probably from 2013. It's an HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT
CPU: Core i5 3470
Mobo: technically HP (but its looks to be a B75M model)
RAM: 2x4 DDR3
HDD: Seagate 1TB 2.5"
GPU: Colorful GT 1030
PSU: technically HP (320w as old as the PC)
Chassis: HP 8300 CMT
BIOS: Hewlett-Packard K01 v02.90, 16 July 2013 (Legacy)
My router is from my ISP and its fairly new because we had it replaced a few months ago.

W4Rr10R

Commendable
Apr 9, 2020
So basically, I've been having this problem recently where my Internet just suddenly shuts off and comes back after a bit. For some reason it's usually after I play a game of Fortnite. For a quick example, I load into a game, I die and come back to the lobby then suddenly I can't matchmake anymore. I check my phone and there is no down arrow and then the internet just goes away. What's even more annoying is coming back to the lobby all good, matchmaking into a game and at the start island I suddenly can't move and I go check my phone and the same thing happens. I wait for the connection to come back, it takes me back to the lobby and I have to matchmake again. This also happens while I'm ingame sometimes but usually after a match. To be clear this mostly only happens to Fortnite. I don't have a clue why. It makes me want to just play Valorant or something else just because it doesn't disconnect me most of the time. It only happened in Valorant once but it was ingame and I didn't think much of it. No other devices trigger this issue for some reason but when the connection gets lost my whole family gets disconnected. I tried going to Device Manager and updating my Network Adapter drivers but it says I have the latest installed. I doubt that but eh. As for software that could be affecting me, I have been recently been using buff,game. That overwolf based app that gives you rewards for playing games and completing their challenges, but I think it's been happening a bit before I even found out about it. I don't think it's my provider that's having a problem, then again it could be but it doesn't explain why it only happens when playing games. Anyone have a solution?

Specs:
i5 3470
8GB GGR3
GT 1030

Connection: Ethernet

So uhm I thought of some changes that happened when this started occuring and it wasn't much besides installing and using buff.game. I uninstalled it and now I don't get disconnected at all.

microtank

Commendable
Mar 26, 2021
Fortnite needs a consistent 512 kbps to function properly. If you’re on the 5 ghz frequency and are not in the same room as the router than that’s your first problem

Status
Not open for further replies.