Question My internet speed on my pc is staying slow compared to other devices

Apr 20, 2019
I have a very decent gaming PC with a dedicated PCI WiFi card and yadayada, but my internet speed stays at ~25mbps, while my mac is up at 100mbps. Plugging in ethernet into the mobo does not help, please i need a fix! I have made sure I have all the drivers, my wifi card can support up to 6Gbps so I know it's not that.

There is no wifi card that even attempt to claim it can support 6g. Most try to claim over 1gbit but that is a massive lie also.

Your first priority is to get it to work on ethernet. Wifi is affect by to many variable that can hide problems in other systems. Since both your ethernet and wifi is affect it must be something else.

I would first make sure you do not have any of that "gamer" network software loaded that is suppose to prioritize game traffic. Many times this is bundled with nic cards or motherboards.

Try to copy files between devices in your house and see what rates you get. You should be able to see the rates in the resource monitor.

Apr 20, 2019
Thank you for replying, I tried copying a file from my USB to my disk, and it appears that it transfered at about 11,000,000 B/s. with the gamer software however, I don't know how to look for that. would it be in my GPU settings, or a program installed on my Program files?