[SOLVED] My IP adress was banned - what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2020
Recently, i was banned on some forum, because i broke some rules. I didnt do it on purpose. I didnt know I was doing something wrong, because i didnt read the rules. I know, that its my false, but now i know what i did wrong. That ban is not something that would mind me so much though. What really minds me is that they also ban me on more sites on which i didnt break any rules.
How long the ban will last? What would i do to get rid of that? How can i unban my IP adress? Should i write to administrator of the forum? I was banned on my notebook and cant connect on these sites even with other devices. I connect to wifi via router. Could i reset it somehow to get new IP adress?

Solution
Recently, i was banned on some forum, because i broke some rules. I didnt do it on purpose. I didnt know I was doing something wrong, because i didnt read the rules. I know, that its my false, but now i know what i did wrong. That ban is not something that would mind me so much though. What really minds me is that they also ban me on more sites on which i didnt break any rules.
How long the ban will last? What would i do to get rid of that? How can i unban my IP adress? Should i write to administrator of the forum? I was banned on my notebook and cant connect on these sites even with other devices. I connect to wifi via router. Could i reset it somehow to get new IP adress?
Just cut the plug. After a while, plug it back in and...

USAFRet

Titan
The only entity that can answer those questions is the admins of that particular forum.

May 20, 2020
Just cut the plug. After a while, plug it back in and see if it renews your IP. Problem hopefully solved. If you have to call your provider, just call them. If they ask for any info, give them it and try asking them to give you a new address. Hopefully works. Or, try using a static IP. I am sure there are alot of tutorials to help you. Forgot to mention, if its a hardware id ban, sorry you are unlucky. Although, i found a video. https://encrypted-vtbn1.gstatic.com...fYiN1xMYS6BdO-ypezi8pe1iqBkoi8BFCiIg9hE49JNIZ and https://encrypted-vtbn0.gstatic.com...JyxRjvh2eH68RZoKIIAazUIXRdobEapfwZy_6OotNFTWP. I dont know if they are relevant, but should teach about HWID bans and how to bypass them. The only way to remove a perm ban I think is to try appeal and hope you get accepted. I dont think there is a way to bypass this other than trying to use another account with a different E-mail

Last edited:
Solution

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
in order asked
IDK
IDK
IDK
yes.
go somewhere with free-wifi and try again, if you are banned here -with a different IP - it is a hardware ban and the Hardware ID numbers on the computer have been banned.
contacting the administrator of the websites is the ONLY way to resolve this.

USAFRet

Titan
Just cut the plug. After a while, plug it back in and see if it renews your IP. Problem hopefully solved. If you have to call your provider, just call them. If they ask for any info, give them it and try asking them to give you a new address. Hopefully works. Or, try using a static IP. I am sure there are alot of tutorials to help you.
And in a LOT of forums, if a person is banned and then seen to be circumventing that ban (different IP or even a new account)...penalties increase. Often to the point of permanance.

My recommendation - Discover how long it is, and live out that time. Go back to the site when it is over.

My recommendation - Discover how long it is, and live out that time. Go back to the site when it is over.
This is the best advice, especially if you know you broke rules. You did the crime, do the time. When you get out of jail, remember the rules and follow them. Remember, an online community is a private entity and participating there is like visiting someone's house, so 'house rules' are the rules.

Now, this being said, there are total ahole forum owners and administrators out there. And you have to decide whether their site is even worth visiting because using their site only supports them being an ahole.

I've been on forums since the 1990s and have only been banned from 2 sites, both owners were argumentative aholes who couldn't hear they weren't right. While they pissed me off, I saw that they would be shooting themselves in the foot in the long run, so I stopped visiting their sites. I don't know if their sites even exist anymore.

As the owner of a forum, I have only banned one person ever when after repeated warnings they just crossed a line in a very serious way. They were completely banned for a week. They returned readjusted and behaved online. My site community is very close in real-life as well so a lot of the online issues were more serious in real life. Rules keep things civil and allow very good discussions and exchanges. These days the lack of civility in online communities is allowing crimes to be committed such as slander and libel as well as hurting people even to the point of suicide. I take these type of problems very seriously and not only try to keep my community free of an atmosphere that allows these type of activities, but also do my best to conduct myself to my own standards, even if they are far beyond those of a community.

Status
Not open for further replies.