Question My keyboard doesn't let my computer boot to Windows. Any solution?

Sep 6, 2020
So, I recently built my first computer, everything was going fine until today. Today, as usual, I turned on my pc, but it got to the BIOS instead of Windows. I restarted it, but it kept going directly to BIOS. After some research on the internet, I unplugged the peripherals (keyboard and mouse), and then the computer boot properly. I kept testing, and only when the keyboard is connected the computer, it goes to BIOS. It don't seems as the keys of getting to BIOS are stuck neither. I checked in software and they seem like they are working properly. I also tried connecting it on other USB ports. Does anyone knows a solution for this? I wouldn't like to have to plug/unplug the keyboard everytime I turn on/off my computer.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG B550-F (Wifi)
Keyboard: Alienware SK-8165

Sep 6, 2020
Next time the computer successfully boots go to Alienware's website and manually download the keyboard drivers.

Reinstall and reconfigure as applicable.
Okay... I've been searching for this keyboard's drivers and I couldn't find them.. but I tested with another keyboard and it worked just fine. Anyways, I'll keep looking for the drivers. Thank you!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS