[SOLVED] My Keyboard is working fine in BIOS but not working in Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2020
I have a AMD RYZEN 5 Asus Laptop . Keyboard is working fine in BIOS but not in windows. But in windows few "fn" keys are working.
URGENT Please Help.

Last edited:
Solution
I see. Maybe there are some Windows updates that effect your keyboard somehow. Can you check Windows updates that may be installed on that night: Win+R to reach Run, type control and press Enter. Programs > Program and Features > View Installed Updated. Then check Installed On column to match date with that night you talk about.

If you find something, right click and Uninstall it please and restart your computer.

Tatoline

Reputable
Apr 12, 2020
Try to remove its driver completely from device manager and uninstall 3rd part software on your computer. Then reinstall 3rd software (if you have) and driver again, and see it's working or not.

To remove driver from device manager: Right click Start menu and select Device Manager. Expand Keyboards and right click & select Remove Device for all items in here.
win10-devmgmr-829x1024.png

Apr 17, 2020
Try to remove its driver completely from device manager and uninstall 3rd part software on your computer. Then reinstall 3rd software (if you have) and driver again, and see it's working or not.

To remove driver from device manager: Right click Start menu and select Device Manager. Expand Keyboards and right click & select Remove Device for all items in here.
win10-devmgmr-829x1024.png

I have already tried it but it didn't worked.
I have been fixing this thing from past two days but nothing seems to work.
Thanks for your reply.

Tatoline

Reputable
Apr 12, 2020
Can you share exact model and version of your Asus laptop?

Press CTRL + Windows butttons and type cmd and click OK. Write:
wmic computersystem get model,manufacturer,systemtype
Press Enter. Then write:
wmic csproduct get vendor, version
Press Enter and share the outputs with us
image.png

Apr 17, 2020
Can you share exact model and version of your Asus laptop?

Press CTRL + Windows butttons and type cmd and click OK. Write:
wmic computersystem get model,manufacturer,systemtype
Press Enter. Then write:
wmic csproduct get vendor, version
Press Enter and share the outputs with us
image.png

HERE IT IS

Screenshot-4.png

Tatoline

Reputable
Apr 12, 2020
Can you check Filter Keys and Sticky Keys are enabled or not. Search Ease of Access Keyboard on your Windows, then try to disable Sticky Keys and Filter Keys.

Also can you try to disable and enable your touchpad with using fn+F9, maybe they are connected somehow.

EDIT: Also did you get this error after Windows update or not?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020
Can you check Filter Keys and Sticky Keys are enabled or not. Search Ease of Access Keyboard on your Windows, then try to disable Sticky Keys and Filter Keys.

Also can you try to disable and enable your touchpad with using fn+F9, maybe they are connected somehow.

EDIT: Also did you get this error after Windows update or not?

Filter Keys and Sticky Keys are disabled.
Let me explain what happen when...
So 3 days back I was downloading something so i kept my laptop aside overnight (charger was not connected).
When I charged the laptop back in morning the keyboard was not responding.

Edit : I have tried running kali through bootable USB .. my keyboard is working fine in it's boot menu and is not working in it's main OS .

Tatoline

Reputable
Apr 12, 2020
I see. Maybe there are some Windows updates that effect your keyboard somehow. Can you check Windows updates that may be installed on that night: Win+R to reach Run, type control and press Enter. Programs > Program and Features > View Installed Updated. Then check Installed On column to match date with that night you talk about.

If you find something, right click and Uninstall it please and restart your computer.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.