[SOLVED] My keyboard keeps double-typing. How do I solve this?

Nov 11, 2020
I have a Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB cherry-blue equivalent keyboard. One key has an issue, the period key. If you touch the period key once, it starts to type periods really quickly, and the only thing that stops this is by typing another letter. It is frustrating trying to type. I know the only "proper" fix is to open the keyboard up and unsolder the switch from the board and replace it with an actual cherry-blue switch. I really don't want to do that, as I have literally no experience with soldering, not to mention the fact that I am just pure lazy. Is there any other way to fix this issue? Also, another thing to note is that I removed the keycap and sprayed compressed air (like 120 psi) into the switch, and it didn't solve the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
If spraying compressed air didn't solve the issue, the only thing option you have now is to ask an acquaintance who knows soldering to do a proper job for you. There isn't a quick and permanent fix to this.
The only thing you can try as of now is to go to your keyboard settings and in the speed tab, and slide the setting of repeat delay to the longest you can and see if it works for you.

roberttim

Prominent
Nov 28, 2020
If spraying compressed air didn't solve the issue, the only thing option you have now is to ask an acquaintance who knows soldering to do a proper job for you. There isn't a quick and permanent fix to this.
The only thing you can try as of now is to go to your keyboard settings and in the speed tab, and slide the setting of repeat delay to the longest you can and see if it works for you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS