[SOLVED] My keyboard keeps repeating keys only on my desktop

Apr 7, 2021
My keyboard repeats keys on my computer and not for any specific keys, usually repeats once or twice, I plugged in my other keyboard and this one just seems like random keys are being spammed all at once, this only happens on one computer as they both work perfectly fine on my laptop. I've tried using different usb ports on my computer and even used a USB hub instead nothing worked. My headset sometimes cut off for a second and I get the notification asking if I plugged in headphones or mic occasionally. My headset also connects through USB. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Solution
could check to see if it happens in safe mode
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

tell you if its a driver or maybe start up program conflicting with keyboard functions. If it doesn't happen in safe mode, it could be either.

to test if its a startup program

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right -...
Apr 7, 2021
Have you built the computer yourself? How long ago? When did this problem first occur? What pattern if any (is it getting to happend more often after time passing) ?
Built it myself around February this year, this started aa few days ago but it went away now its just getting worse as time passes on, that's all I can really see in terms of patterns

Ok, the computer (i.e. main board) itself seem to be the common denominator here.

First thing I'd recommend you doing is to have a look at the mainboard manufacturer web site and see if there are a newer BIOS update. Also take a look in the details of the bios updates and see if you can find something describing fixing an issue that resembles what you describe here.

From what to tell I'd say it look like a HW issue. However, to test this - and just rule out the possibility for it can potentially be a software/windows/drivers issue after all, I'd suggest you go get a Linux distro (most of them will do) - boot up to iso image (not installing) and see if you can use the computer properly without having keyboard issues.

Colif

Win 11 Master
could check to see if it happens in safe mode
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

tell you if its a driver or maybe start up program conflicting with keyboard functions. If it doesn't happen in safe mode, it could be either.

to test if its a startup program

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

if it doesn't happen in safe mode but does in clean boot it could be a driver to blame.

Solution