Question My keyboard starts malfunctioning

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
So, some of my keys (mainly the one my brother uses to build and spam other things in fortntie ) starts malfunctioning lately, i have a razer blackwidow TE, i have it for 3 years and i mainly play wow so no real spamming, lately (around the last 6months) my brother started playing fortnite and the keys started malfunctioning in the last 3 years, most keys work but some that are used for building in fortnite malfunction, like the C button, Q,SHIFT,E.
i wondered if it's because how he plays fortntie ( he spams kinda hard the keys whenever he gets into building fights).
i don't have money for a new keyboard but if it's really him causing the problems ill tell him to get another keyboard, i don't wanna do that if it's not really cuz of him, hope u an help me figure it out.
PS: my friend had a razer keyboard for over 5 years and the only problem he had is:
on one of his keyboards (his dad's specifically) they lost the ESC key. ty!

Ralston18

Titan
First test another known working keyboard on your computer.

Next, try your Blackwidow keyboard on another known working computer.

Determine if the key malfunctions follow the Blackwidow keyboard or stay with the current host computer.

If another keyboard works and the Blackwidow keyboard also malfunctions on another computer then very likely that the Blackwidow keyboard is damaged.

Have your brother buy you a new keyboard and let him have the damaged keyboard.

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
First test another known working keyboard on your computer.

Next, try your Blackwidow keyboard on another known working computer.

Determine if the key malfunctions follow the Blackwidow keyboard or stay with the current host computer.

If another keyboard works and the Blackwidow keyboard also malfunctions on another computer then very likely that the Blackwidow keyboard is damaged.

Have your brother buy you a new keyboard and let him have the damaged keyboard.
it's the keyboard, tryed some stuff already suggested on here and google.
the thing is, i really don't want to blame him for nothing but nothing happened to this keyboard for over 2 years and same with my friends keyboard, it's been good for ever.
if it's his fault i won't let him touch this keyboard every again nor any keyboard that is mine. i just wanted to make sure he damaged it and not the old age of the keyboard.

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
No. If he’s been spamming a bunch of keys for years then it might be wearing out
not for years but, i had the keyboard for 2years or so and he only played OW so everything was okay, a year ago he started playing fortnite, after around half a year the keys started working half of the time.
what i got from it is either because of him or the keyboard getting old, my friend has 3 keyboards like mine and plays the same games and had 0 problems w/ his keyboards. so i ruled that option out.
he uses Q,E,SHIFT,C for building and he spams them alot cuz that's how u play that shitty game, i am sure that the keys are malfunctioning because of him and because when he plays he presses them like 30times a minute even more and spams them really hard, came here to make sure that's it's because of him and not the old age of the keyboard.

i barely play the computer anymore and when i do i either post auctions at WoW and i started playing total war , both games are not keyboard heavy. ty!

Razer keyboards are on the lower quality scale for gaming keyboards, but there is no way to find out for sure what or who caused the issue outside from guessing.
Odd you had this issue for 3 years but just now asking about it. Check the keyboard warranty, although if you waited that long to do anything about it, it may be out of warranty already.

D

Deleted member 14196

i really don't care for Razer products. my Rosewill (Chinese made) mechanical keyboard is way better. for 60 bucks. it's 45 bucks on ebay. i dig it.