My Keyboard stops working when windows 7 starts.

Epid

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
Hey , i recently had a trouble connecting my iphone 7 to my windows 7 pc . So i went and look up online on ways to connect my phone (newbie on computers). I installed drivers for my phone on the computer and it requested for a restart. So i did and restarted my computer . Upon restarting my keyboard was fine all the lights were on but when windows started the lights went off and i couldnt type anything. Not really an expert on computers . Thanks in advance!

Solution
Some basic steps I would try first to verify if this is hardware or software related:
1: If this is a usb keyboard, try the same keyboard in a different usb port.

2: Try a different keyboard on the same computer to see if it works
or
Try the same keyboard on a different computer to see if the problem occurs there as well

If we find that this is a hardware issue, then you may need to look at removing the recently added drivers, or consider reverting back to a recent restore point.

As a side note, you can access the built-in on-screen keyboard by clicking the "Start" button, clicking "All Programs", clicking "Accessories", clicking "Ease of Access", and then clicking "On-Screen Keyboard."

Five Seven Five

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Some basic steps I would try first to verify if this is hardware or software related:
1: If this is a usb keyboard, try the same keyboard in a different usb port.

2: Try a different keyboard on the same computer to see if it works
or
Try the same keyboard on a different computer to see if the problem occurs there as well

If we find that this is a hardware issue, then you may need to look at removing the recently added drivers, or consider reverting back to a recent restore point.

As a side note, you can access the built-in on-screen keyboard by clicking the "Start" button, clicking "All Programs", clicking "Accessories", clicking "Ease of Access", and then clicking "On-Screen Keyboard."

Solution