Question My lads PC keeps crashing,

waynaldotmlg

Reputable
Sep 23, 2018
Hi guys,

My lads pc is often crashing, the monitor will lose signal and the case and GPU fans will keep spinning at 100% and the pc won't shut down unless I turn it off at the plug socket,

I thought it was a GPU fault so I swapped his GPU for the one in my pc and it still crashes,

Both my kids have the same spec pc and the other lads pc is working fine,

Pc spec

Motherboard - msi b450
CPU - ryzen 7 2700x
GPU - Rx5700xt
Ram 16GB 2x8 3200
PSU - Corsair 750w
SSD for Windows 11
HDD for games

He plays many games but the ones that seem to crash are fifa 22 and Roblox

Don't know what else to check

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time of the crashes.

Start with Reliability History. Reliability History uses a time line format that can be very revealing regarding when problems start and/or problem patterns.

Much more user friendly as well.

Overall, the symptoms you describe suggest a faltering or failing PSU.

If you see increasing numbers of errors and varying errors that make the PSU even more suspect.

And it is very likely the the forced shutdowns (unplugging the computer) caused file corruptions making things worse. You will see entries to the effect "Windows was not properly shutdown".

Even though the computers have the same specs there are differences. However at higher level there is no harm in taking a look at Reliability History in both computers.

The crashing computer vs a "healthy computer" may help you determine what is happening.

See what you can find or otherwise discover. And you can click any given entry to obtain more information and detail. That information etc. may or may not prove helpful.