[SOLVED] My lan switch is causing ping spikes

Jun 10, 2021
Hello i recently bought a lan switch because i needed to connect one more pc to lan but didnt have any lan ports left so i bought the TP-Link TL-SG105 its connected to my wifi extender its a Fr!tz repeater 1200 its connected to my Fr!tzbox 6600 cable and before i connected the lan switch to the wifi extender i didnt have these ping spikes and they are only happening if my other pc uses the internet by like 70 mbits and i have a 250 mbits connection and i dont know whats causing this problem

here are pictures of a ping test without the other pc using the internet and when its using the internet

View: https://imgur.com/a/blVwm4P

Last edited:
Solution
I would do tests by ping the router ip rather than something in the internet. If it really is the switch it would cause problems in your house.

Where are the 2 different pc connected. Are both connected to the repeater, A switch is a very simple device and can never delay traffic. They pass traffic at wire speed between the ports. They only could get packet loss if a port is overloaded not delays. This makes me suspect some limitation on the repeater.

If you hook one pc to the main router and the other to the switch does that cause a problem also ?
I would do tests by ping the router ip rather than something in the internet. If it really is the switch it would cause problems in your house.

Where are the 2 different pc connected. Are both connected to the repeater, A switch is a very simple device and can never delay traffic. They pass traffic at wire speed between the ports. They only could get packet loss if a port is overloaded not delays. This makes me suspect some limitation on the repeater.

If you hook one pc to the main router and the other to the switch does that cause a problem also ?

Solution
Jun 10, 2021

when i connect it to the main router there are no problems and there are also no problems when i only connect the switch to the repeater and my main pc to the switch the problem occurs when i connect the second pc to the switch and when the other pc uses the internet a by like 20 mbits or more then the problem occurs

Jun 10, 2021

And also when i ping the router the ping is also high sometimes between 40 and70

TRENDING THREADS