My landlord is shorting the power out

DanielDarko

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
My landlord is constantly fixing stuff he picked up off the side of the road, to repair and resell.

At least once per day, sometimes 3-4, in the process of repairing this stuff, he overloads the circuit breaker, and my power is cut, right in the middle of whatever it is I'm doing.

It's frustrating as all hell. I tried giving him a power board with an in built breaker switch on it but it isn't as sensitive as the main power breaker.

Can anyone help me think of an alternative suggestion that I can try to stop this madness? At the moment all I can think is maybe a UPS that he works from, instead of directly from the power, but I feel this is expensive overkill.

Thanks

Solution
A UPS is only a short term solution. 10 mins of power, maybe.

Depending on what country this is, this may be illegal. Your power reliability should not depend on his usage.

DanielDarko

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
Thanks for the advice / solution, sorry this has taken me so long to show my appreciation.

I was hoping I could buy or make some kind of trip switch that would be much cheaper than an UPS as it doesn't need to provide power, just stop the mains trip switch going off first.

Maybe I'll see if I can find a cheap (2nd hand maybe) UPS for them to work from. Unfortunately me using it myself isn't an option as I would still be disconnected from the internet as the gateway is at the front of the house.

Time to go sales hunting

Thanks