[SOLVED] My laptop amd 4700u temperature reaches as high as 100 degree celsius when I open any heavy apps like android studio, android studio emulators

Apr 13, 2021
When idle, my laptop cpu temperature is around 40-45, even when light browsing and using 2-3 light apps, it's temp is in the range of 50-60 degree celsius.....as soon as I open apps like android studio or open any emulators, the temperature of cpu reach as high as 100 degree celsius........I wonder what is wrong? if it's normal for this amd processor to be that hot because it is loading itself at 100% for intensive tasks....as soon as android studio or any heavy apps opens completely, the temperature falls back to 50-70 range celsius....is this cpu temperature spike upto 100 degree celsius while opening some heavy apps normal? I mean is there something wrong with my system? maybe my laptop fan is clogged? even if i believe my laptop fan is dirty, in idle the cpu is having 40-50 celsius temp which is normal......so I don't know what's the cause of cpu temp spike ? maybe it's the feature of amd cpu turbo boost? I am worried if such temp spike to 100 c will affect my laptop motherboard , cpu itself and other components

Solution
Can a new laptop, maybe before I ordered it stayed somewhere, it is 2019 end model....can this new laptop also have dust and dirt inside and near fans?

If you have house pets or live in a very dusty area then yes even a 6 month old laptop can have issues. I'd recommend using some canned air to blow in the exhaust vent...only blow into the discharge port so any debris at the air intake wont get pushed further in. If you get a lot of material coming out it may signal the need for opening up the housing and a more thorough cleaning. If you're not familiar with opening up a laptop I'd recommend going to a shop to avoid damage to the laptop shell.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
Do you use your laptop on a desk or on your bed etc..
I think 100c is the high end of normal on some laptops but it always made me worry as well. The heat coming out was crazy
Also do you use a laptop cooler?

Ive always disliked laptop temps and I decided to go desktop.

Apr 13, 2021
Do you use your laptop on a desk or on your bed etc..
I think 100c is the high end of normal on some laptops but it always made me worry as well. The heat coming out was crazy
Also do you use a laptop cooler?

Ive always disliked laptop temps and I decided to go desktop.
yes I think I should use a laptop cooler

Can a new laptop, maybe before I ordered it stayed somewhere, it is 2019 end model....can this new laptop also have dust and dirt inside and near fans?

If you have house pets or live in a very dusty area then yes even a 6 month old laptop can have issues. I'd recommend using some canned air to blow in the exhaust vent...only blow into the discharge port so any debris at the air intake wont get pushed further in. If you get a lot of material coming out it may signal the need for opening up the housing and a more thorough cleaning. If you're not familiar with opening up a laptop I'd recommend going to a shop to avoid damage to the laptop shell.

Solution

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021

Depends what you do with it, where you use it, how it is stored when not being used etc. But yeah, laptops are designed to clog up with dirt and debris over time, so that you have to buy a new one when it starts overheating. The issues you're describing can only really be overheating issues, and overheating can only really be caused by a buildup of dirt and dust, or some part of the cooling system not working or not being attached correctly.

You don't mention the brand or the model of laptop, but if it is a cheaper lesser known brand, they may have put it together badly. I have had laptops from supposedly "good" manufacturers where they "forgot" to attach all the thermal pads, screws missing, etc. So don't be afraid to open it up and make sure all the cooling components are where they should be, the fan is spinning as it should and the thermal pads are all there and in the correct place.