Question My laptop battery led starts blinking orange after 2 hours

Dec 6, 2020
Hello everyone.

So I have an Asus fx553vd- i7 7700HQ-rtx 1050- 16gb if ram- 256ssd- 1tb hdd.

My laptop works very laggy and slow when battery is connected to the laptop even though it is also connected to the power supply. But it runs smooth and ok when i disconnect the battery ... Well for two hours. After two hours the battery led indicator starts blinking orange and the battery status chanes from (no battery present) to (battery fully charged) and again everything becomes laggy and slow.
To make it run smooth again for two hours i have to hold the power button down to make it reset itself then power it on again.
I have also uninstalled and install the acpi drives. I also have hold the pwer button down 20 seconds when the battery was connected to reset the circuit. But nothing works. Any thoughts?

Dec 6, 2020
Sounds like you need a new battery. They don't last forever. They can only be recharged so many times. That depends on how you use it and how low you let it get. Search "laptop battery charging profile".
Say i don't want battery in my laptop ... my laptop shouldn't start lagging after 2 hours on power only. Why does it drop fps and lag after two hours on power supply only ? It should work normally with no battery and on power supply without a time limit.

Dec 6, 2020
Maybe the battery is so bad that it is continuously trying to recharge causing heat issues which might cause the lagging?
I have checked the whole system for damage and found nothing and I took the battery out. My question is why the laptop lags after two hours of running on power supply only ?