[SOLVED] My laptop battery was bulging and I replaced it. Is the new one I ordered also bulging, or is the sticker just peeling off?

Aug 5, 2022
Pretty much what the title says.

You can see the new battery here: View: https://i.imgur.com/9NJf2CO.jpg

There's "bulging", but only running across a narrow strip of the battery, roughly over where the black loose band/strip and white foam(?) bar are beneath what I assume to be an outside sticker, so I assumed that the bulge is actually just those being there and that they're supposed to be.

I was pressed for time while installing it and needed my laptop up and running again ASAP, so I went ahead and closed everything back up and have been using the laptop again, but the battery's return period is up soon and figured the responsible thing to do would be to double check before I continued to use it/while I still have the chance to return.

If it matters,The battery model is a Anepoch GK5CN-00-13-3S1P-0

kanewolf

Titan
Pretty much what the title says.

You can see the new battery here: View: https://i.imgur.com/9NJf2CO.jpg

There's "bulging", but only running across a narrow strip of the battery, roughly over where the black loose band/strip and white foam(?) bar are beneath what I assume to be an outside sticker, so I assumed that the bulge is actually just those being there and that they're supposed to be.

I was pressed for time while installing it and needed my laptop up and running again ASAP, so I went ahead and closed everything back up and have been using the laptop again, but the battery's return period is up soon and figured the responsible thing to do would be to double check before I continued to use it/while I still have the chance to return.

If it matters,The battery model is a Anepoch GK5CN-00-13-3S1P-0
The "test" I saw was to try and spin the battery on a flat surface. If it doesn't drag the surface, then it is bulging. You can probably demonstrate this with your original battery.

It looks like a bulge to me.

I once had a bulging battery on a Lenovo 100S.
It was so bad, it bent the case.

After some research, the 100s needed a bios update to keep the battery from overcharging. Once updated all has been good for a very long time.

See if there is a relevant bios update available.

If you are replacing the battery, buy only an original battery, not just a "compatible" battery that might not have a chip to control charging.