Question My laptop can only boot from the original harddisk, and cannot boot from other bootable device

Myuris

Prominent
Sep 25, 2019
Hello, i have a problem with my laptop. I just bought a ssd and already have windows 10 installed. But when i replace my old hdd with my ssd it can't boot. So i try another method, i try to reinstall windows in my old hdd using bootable flashdrive but i can't boot from flashdrive either. But my old harddisk with my old windows 10 still can boot into windows.

And one more thing, if i try booting from another harddisk or ssd i get an error "pxe e61 media test failure check cable". I try booting with another working hdd and it still get that message. The only way i can boot to windows normally is by using my old hdd that plugged jn since i buy the laptop.

Please help :(

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your laptop? Latest BIOS for your laptop? Did you clone the HDD's installation onto the SSD? Also mention the make and model of your SSD and how you installed the OS onto it. That being said, where did you source your installer for Windows 10?

Myuris

Prominent
Sep 25, 2019
Fujitsu lh531,
Make and model of your laptop? Latest BIOS for your laptop? Did you clone the HDD's installation onto the SSD? Also mention the make and model of your SSD and how you installed the OS onto it. That being said, where did you source your installer for Windows 10?
My laptop is fujitsu lh531, bios version: 1.08 (06/03/2011), i have a fresh install of windows 10 pro 64 bit to my ssd and i install it with my pc and its working fine to boot the ssd with my pc. The ssd is 256gb Teamssd Gx2