Question My laptop cant see mobile hotspot from friends laptop

crush852

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
Hey guys . I have issue with my win 8 laptop , when my friend create mobile hotspot from his laptop (win 10) my laptop cant see it . However I can connect to his wifi via my phone and everybody else can see that wifi . I tried to reinstall wifi drivers , connect to that wifi manually and try to connect using CMD but nothing worked for me ..can anyone help me ?

Nov 11, 2019
Ask your friend to try and change his wifi channel settings to 2.4Ghz as it could be that your laptop isn't compatible with 5Ghz wifi and that might be what his laptop is broadcasting. You should be able to do this by going into the settings utility for his wifi card

crush852

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
Ask your friend to try and change his wifi channel settings to 2.4Ghz as it could be that your laptop isn't compatible with 5Ghz wifi and that might be what his laptop is broadcasting. You should be able to do this by going into the settings utility for his wifi card
Im not sure if you ment what I did but I went to his mobile hotspot settings and pressed on change and I could change name and password but there was np frequency chaning option

Nov 11, 2019
Have you been able to connect to the network before or is this the first time you have connected to the network ? Your laptops appear to support the same standards of wireless as one another so I dont think that is the issue. I know you are able to connect phones to his network but do other computers struggle with connecting to it ?

crush852

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
Have you been able to connect to the network before or is this the first time you have connected to the network ? Your laptops appear to support the same standards of wireless as one another so I dont think that is the issue. I know you are able to connect phones to his network but do other computers struggle with connecting to it ?
My laptop couldnt see his wifi for maybe 2 years , other friends can connect with no issue .