Question My laptop degrading!

Feb 25, 2019
I have a Youtube channel where I usually post random gameplay videos. So I uploaded Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 video in June 2018 and it was recorded using Bandicam. The game is from 2002. The game did not lag while recording or playing normally. Now, in February 2019 I am trying to make a video about Interstate '76 which is 5 years older than NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, but the game is lagging while recording and the video is too bad! My laptop is over 5 years old now, but it was working perfectly until summer when it seemed to slow down a bit every month, and now it has gotten to this point. I hope there is some way to fix this issue.

Lenovo B570e
Ram: 2GB
HDD: 254 GB Free: 105 GB
CPU: Intel Celeron CPU B820 @ 1.70 GHz
64 bits

Is widely known as computers age, software vendors these days practically FORCE u to code upgrade with more features u probably don't need don't use but take up increasingly more horsepower from your machine, this coupled with other "stuff" you download/run, because u can, and it lets you, contribute to a gradual slow down.

Folks knowing this, and wanting to keep their machines as long as possible, postpone software upgrade until there is no choice, a feature u must have, and specially with Windows, it's customary to re-install the whole thing from Scratch, say once a year, to rid of all the cruds. U can make this task a lot less painful by keeping clean OS images along the way.

After a while though, resistance is futile, everybody in the biz are motivated to keep you "updated" otherwise they wouldn't have a business to run and make$. :(

Feb 25, 2019
Is widely known as computers age, software vendors these days practically FORCE u to code upgrade with more features u probably don't need don't use but take up increasingly more horsepower from your machine, this coupled with other "stuff" you download/run, because u can, and it lets you, contribute to a gradual slow down.

Folks knowing this, and wanting to keep their machines as long as possible, postpone software upgrade until there is no choice, a feature u must have, and specially with Windows, it's customary to re-install the whole thing from Scratch, say once a year, to rid of all the cruds. U can make this task a lot less painful by keeping clean OS images along the way.

After a while though, resistance is futile, everybody in the biz are motivated to keep you "updated" otherwise they wouldn't have a business to run and make$. :(
I guess that's the big problem. However I would really like to do as much as possible to keep my laptop running smoothly because I am buying a new one in 2 or 3 months and that is quite a long time in my view.

Feb 25, 2019
Try adding memory. At 2GB, you're running what most would consider less than the bare minimum for Windows 7 these days, let alone any games (no matter how old).

P.S - Most electronics don't degrade, they just show their age as software evolves and becomes more demanding.
I failed to see your 2G ram, I assume u knew and took care of those mundane things. 4G absolutely minimum, if not 8G. Monitor your page fault.
I will try to get more memory. Meanwhile I used CCleaner and ran defrag. That could help a bit.

Also it is interesting to note that my laptop model also has a 4GB version.