Question My laptop dell does not turn off with fan. works without fan

hirenbpatel225

Commendable
Jan 14, 2020
Dell lnspiron 11- 3148

when put I put it on charging the light comes on when I press the power button even the charging light goes off.

I disconnected everything and diagnosed that if I disconnect the fan it comes on and work but slow because of overheat I guess( haven't loaded the windows though just the hiren's bootcd PE and it works slowly.)

I ordered a new fan and even with new fan same problem.

I don't understand what is the issue. when connected with fan the laptop doesn't come up at all.

First, try another compatible charger...

But, assuming your charger is known good and of adequate wattage, of course, then, given those symptoms, it would sound as though the mainboard's voltage regulator for whatever voltage the fan runs off of cannot handle any load whatsoever...

Will your particular laptop run when/if battery is completely removed?

hirenbpatel225

Commendable
Jan 14, 2020
First, try another compatible charger...

But, assuming your charger is known good and of adequate wattage, of course, then, given those symptoms, it would sound as though the mainboard's voltage regulator for whatever voltage the fan runs off of cannot handle any load whatsoever...

Will your particular laptop run when/if battery is completely removed?
Yes, I have tried running removing battery. Same thing.

With fan it doesnt work. Without fan works.

Jan 20, 2020
Mabye some contacts wich are connected to fan are short-circuited, due to this - connected fan make a circuit and laptop switches off due to protection. The best way - give your laptop to service center for diagnostic. And DO NOT try with "compatible charger" - use only original. Othervise you could burn DrMOS and even CPU.